PDA

View Full Version : Austin YFZ450 - Buyer beware!

johnsoninc86
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Alright, I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with my transaction with this guy. I purchased a radiator from him last tuesday. He claimed he would go ahead and ship it out on Wednesday, express shipping in order to get it to me by Friday. I went ahead and mailed a money order on wed. for the amount of $75 USD. Friday rolls around, no radiator. So I attempt to call Austin, no answer. I left him a voicemail stating that I wanted to know where my radiator was and left him my number in order for him to call me back. No return call. Saturday rolls around, no return call, and no radiator still. So I call again Saturday evening. Someone picks up, but doesn't say anything. As soon as I say "hello", they hang up on me. They did this three times within five minutes. The fourth time it goes to voicemail, and I leave a nice voicemail stating that I need to get my radiator, or the authorities are going to be notified of this little scam he has going. Needless to say, no return call from that either. So Austin, I'll ask the question on here where everyone can read it, Where is my radiator? We both agreed on getting it here by Friday, didn't happen. No return calls, no radiator, no pictures for anyone, and you have my money, seems like a scam to me.

Moral of the story, do not do business with this guy. So far, he is showing me that he is just a petty thief. Now, if I do happen to get my radiator, I will update this thread. But I'm still out the extra 35 dollars I sent him to express ship it.

Austin, If you want to call me and explain what the hell is going on, my number is (812)345-1051.

And I should remind you that Mail Fraud is a federal crime,
"The punishment under section 1341 is a fine, imprisonment for not more than 20 years, or both."
check it. http://www.federalcrime.com/mailfraud.htm

johnsoninc86
10-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Austin just replied in the original for sale thread, located here. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3370603#post3370603 He had some family issues that he was taking care of, and says he is going to send the radiator along with a refund. I am still going to leave this thread up for now, but if I do recieve the radiator and a refund, this thread will be updated accordingly.

johnsoninc86
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM
STILL NO RADIATOR! he's just a petty theif.....

johnsoninc86
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
still no radiator. I talked to him on the phone on 10-21-08 and he swore up a down he wasn't trying to rip me off. I asked for a tracking number, he said he was at a buddies house and would put it on the forums later that night, well low and behold, no tracking number yet, go figure. Still no radiator or refund in the mail. There's my update.

johnsoninc86
11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
still no radiator, still no refund. I don't even care about the radiator any more, I just want my $75 back. I'm going to call the police in his hometown there and see what they can do for me. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY, HE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY!