PDA

View Full Version : The GBC Motorsports Heartland Challenge Registration is Now Open

Admin
10-06-2008, 07:14 AM
The GBC Motorsports Heartland Challenge, presented by PIAA, race weekend on November 7-8th is quickly approaching and teams are beginning to sign-up, but don’t delay because classes sizes are limited and filling up fast. Racers can sign up online at www.heartlandchallenge.com to reserve their spot, and for their convenience, can defer payment until the day of the race. All racers who are planning to attend are encouraged to sign up now in order ensure their place in their appropriate class.

As race day draws near, the Pro ATV & Utility classes are filling up quickly especially with GBC Motorsports offering $7,500 to the winner of each class, and several factory teams have confirmed that they will be in attendance.

“I think it’s going to be a good race and good event. I know the people who are supporting this will do it right,” said Yamaha’s Bill Ballance, who will be racing with Brandon Sommers in the Pro 450 class aboard the new Yamaha YFZ450R. “I’m really looking forward to the race. I think Brandon and I will do well and it should be a lot of fun out there,” the eight-time GNCC champion said enthusiastically. Although Ballance and Sommers should do well, there will be plenty of competition in all the classes.

The competition in the Pro Utility class should be pretty exciting as Can-Am/Warnert Racing’s Michael Swift, Cliff Beasley, and Rick Cecco plan to team up for the event. Swift and Beasley have already wrapped up the GNCC championships in the 4x4 Limited and 4x4 Lites classes for the 2008 season and are gearing up for the Heartland Challenge. “We won the 12 hour race last year, so I think we have a good shot at winning this as well,” said Swift.

Arctic Cat’s Jesse West and Josh West are also looking forward to putting their machines and their endurance to the test. “Arctic Cat is really excited about this event. We are already making preparations for the race,” said Jesse. “Even though there are going to be factory teams out there, anyone still has a chance at winning because with racing for ten hours, a lot is going to depend on how well your quad holds up over who has the most horsepower,” stated Jesse, who hopes that the $7,500 first place payout attracts a lot of racers.

Daryl Rath and his team, consisting of himself, Frank Batista and a third unconfirmed rider, who is rumored to be motocross pro, Jason Dunkleberger, will be competing in the Pro Utility class. “I’m really looking forward to this race. I think that it is really well organized and will be a big success,” said Rath. “I know there are going to be several factory teams out there, but I hope that it doesn’t discourage any privateer teams from participating because I think this event has the potential to be one of the best annual ATV events out there,” Daryl concluded.

There are still several factory teams that are still undecided as to whether or not they will be able to attend, including KTM’s GNCC team. “Taylor (Kiser) and Tim (Farr) and I have talked about it and we would really like to go out there and race. We are hoping to know for sure in the next few days if we will be able to,” said Adam McGill.

Once again the Heartland Challenge encourages all teams to turn in their registration as soon as possible to reserve their spot and be featured on the GBC Motorsports Heartland Challenge Website. To register, simply visit the Heartland Challenge’s website at www.heartlandchallenge.com.