PDA

View Full Version : Drx 50 need Power help!

450R22
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I recently switched the pipe on our drx50. I installed a "quiet pipe" to make it more tolerable for neighbors. I tried dropping the pilot to a 20, and moved the clip up 1 on the needle, 105 main -had no power at all. Went back to a 25pilot needle in 2nd from bottom, and 105 main. A little better, but still no top end like it had before.
I would like to continue to use the "quit pipe" but definitely need some power suggestions. The motor seems to respond well with these settings. Starts good, revs good, no gurgles or misses.
Would it be worth going to the 70cc cylinder? or is there something else i can do to get the performance back?

ww228king
10-06-2008, 05:36 AM
It may be some way some how. My understanding that with any good engine performance mods you must run open exhaust and that is with any engine. You are going backwards on the open exhaust, so you are prolly limited to just going bigger. This is just my 2 cents....

bulldogfallon
10-06-2008, 06:22 AM
I would think that your main jet is too large, plus your cvt may need some adjusting as well.

The quiet pipe is the older more restrictive pipe, not a performance pipe that is just quieter.

It requires a whole new set up to make it work properly.

Try a #90-#95 main jet

raptorobbie
10-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I wanna say we're down to a 105 or a 102 main jet on our 90 w/ the quiet pipe.

With the cvt mod, the bike still performs pretty well - we've even had it to the mx track. The only thing it doesnt like are real steep long hills.

450R22
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
What mods did you do to CVT?
this is only a 50 - I am not sure it is even making enough power to make it worth changing the CVT set-up. It seems to engage and pull close to where it was, it just stops making power up top.

raptorobbie
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
time out - what is your air intake like? Are you using the stock snorkel setup or something different? let us know

thanks

where r u at in Ohio - we're from cleveland area.

450R22
10-06-2008, 07:35 PM
everthing is stock, or the way it was bought new.
2007 drx2 50 chrome intake tube that goes up under the hood.
Had stock header and carbon fiber looking silencer. supposed to have a different coil or something to change rev limiter? It runs very well with that set-up- I was still using the throttle stop to limit about half throttle. with quiet pipe and throttle stop all the way out it is slower than before at half throttle. low and mid is still "ok" I was just hoping for a liitle better performance than what i have now. I am about 30 min north of cleveland around Lodi thanks everone for the help so-far.

raptorobbie
10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
450R22 - just a sanity check - you are south of Cleveland :) - 30min north and you'd be living in the Lake :)

when I changed to the quiet pipe my top end went away w/ that long intake installed, try taking that off and connecting filter directly to carb and see if your machine isn't totally different. Again let us know....

thanks!

rob

450R22
10-07-2008, 06:36 PM
sorry,
some days i think I am underwater.
sounds like good advice, I will give it a try.
I believe Gary is sending me a main to try also. its like pulling teeth trying to find a main under 100.
I will let you know the results.