PDA

View Full Version : Chad Wienens NEW RIDE!!

midwestz400
10-05-2008, 05:42 PM
gonna look something with this in it...

QuadJunkies
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
:eek:

ohsobad_chevy
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
........What??? :ermm:

Warnerade
10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
money talks

ZeroLogic
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
money talks
Werd.:bandit:

DEAL
10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
is this true?

Warnerade
10-05-2008, 06:29 PM
I heard they picked up Alex Trompen for the 09 season as well.

FHKracingZ
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM

O god, not this **** again...

JRP
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM

bahahahahahahaha

Warnerade
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
O god, not this **** again... what? I talked to him a few weeks ago and that exactly what he told me...

10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by JRP
bahahahahahahaha

x2

450raider
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
sweet :eek2:

LTR450_#67
10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Hope Chad has good luck even though I'm not a fan of the green machine.

jrspawn
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Anyone know if cody gibson is going with kawi also? I remember hearing a while back it was in the works possibly. Its probably old news that i missed though:(

quadboy38
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
so if there is truth to this and he is on factory kawi with creamer, i think that team will be awfully fast this year!

250r rider 88
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
so i take it little is getting dropped and Wienen is taking his place?

and if that be the case, i dont think its too late for KTM to pick someone like Little up for 09 on a factory support deal so that they have someone in the pro ranks riding the new SX next year since Farr stated in an interview that we would more likely see a factory effort from KTM in 2010

also will suzuki stay a 3 man team? and if so who do they put in that spot? or do they just keep the 2 they have?

QuadJunkies
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by quadboy38
so if there is truth to this and he is on factory kawi with creamer, i think that team will be awfully fast this year!
IF they make it as sic- fast as Creamers, then yes... it will be a tough team to content with.

Creamer was screamin this year!:macho

Ill be curious to hear a Press release to see if this all is true for 09 or not.

10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
i talked with natewalsh about cody there going to try it out and see how it goes. its not forsure hes going to run one in the 09 season. but hes going to give it a try

midwestz400
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Suzuki is going to a 2-man team..

Who would they replace chad with that is a bigger contender than him :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trust me. Chad is headed to Monster Kawi.

jrspawn
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by midwestz400
Suzuki is going to a 2-man team..

Who would they replace chad with that is a bigger contender than him :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trust me. Chad is headed to Monster Kawi.

Or maybe warnerade was wrong and the trompen guy is going to make suzuki a 3 man team again????????

FHKracingZ
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Or maybe warnerade was wrong and the trompen guy is going to make suzuki a 3 man team again????????

Somebody shoot me please :o

hetrick_racing9
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
suzuki= greg gee is my bet.. rumor goes hes been offered for somewhere new but wudnt tell me but.. the offer is talkin some more moolah then can am.

i am almost positive gee will be on a new team this year.. but dont hold me to it :macho

blacknblue#2
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Whatever Chad is on he will be fast. With the way he progressed after he healed this season i look for him to be the one to look out for next year. I thought the Can AM guys signed 2 year contracts? can they break that or how would that work with Gee??

JIM GRACE
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
suzuki gave wienen his big shot and now he is leaving for more $$
that s#$@ he is breaking up a great team. any news on digger?

brandon's dad #55

midwestz400
10-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
suzuki gave wienen his big shot and now he is leaving for more $$
that s#$@ he is breaking up a great team. any news on digger?

brandon's dad #55

funny how you sit on the other side of the computer like you know whats going on, just assuming.

Chad wanted to stay with suzuki. they are DOWNSIZING. Gust and wimmer for 09..Thats it...

He basically got the boot from suzuki..

The Can-Am rider all signed 2year deals. Gee should be on a canam.

JIM GRACE
10-05-2008, 11:05 PM
wow that s#$@ even more.. honestly gust should have stepped
down. he does not have anything left to prove. and we are huge
gust fan's.. it will bite suzuki in the ***, wienen is getting faster
after every race. god forbid if he gets a holeshot.

alot of teams are pulling back financialy,,signs of times to come??

brandon's dad #55

LTR450_#67
10-05-2008, 11:18 PM
I'll find the truth tomorrow.

Warnerade
10-05-2008, 11:19 PM

brandon's dad #55

gust should step down?

do yourself a favor...next time you have a thought...close the screen.

08mxkfx
10-06-2008, 12:56 AM

brandon's dad #55

Gust should have stepped down? He has more of a right to be on that team then both Dustin and Chad. Gust is the reason Suzuki is so big in this sport. Hes done so much for Suzuki that he deserves a spot on there team till he hit 50 atleast lol. And the funny part is that he is still very competitive even with the new younger racers.
And as for Cody Gibson last i heard is he will be racing as a Kawasaki support rider and with still be racing Pro-Am for 09.
I think Kawasaki is going to one tough solid team this year.... look out Suzuki!!

k4f5x0r
10-06-2008, 04:15 AM
i heard that kawi is also limiting it to a 2 man team also. i cant really see wienen in green but hell i think kawasaki is going to rip this year with creamer's knee healed and wienen being on there. :devil:

hetrick_racing9
10-06-2008, 06:14 AM
that is true they did sign 2 year contracts but those can be worked around.. or cancelled..

hsr
10-06-2008, 09:08 AM
It sucks what the economy is doing to things...but nonetheless good luck to chad he deserves it and he is going to be on a mission no doubt. He should look good on that green machine

madskrillz2
10-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by hsr
It sucks what the economy is doing to things...but nonetheless good luck to chad he deserves it and he is going to be on a mission no doubt. He should look good on that green machine

Thank you for saying that. It seems like a lot of people think these teams are downsizing by choice. It's the state our economy is in keeping these guys from having 3 or 4 man teams. Whether you realize it or not, our economy SUCKS right now. Hopefully it won't effect things in the long run.

As for Wienen going green, I'm still rooting for him. I'm a die hard Wienen fan to the end. Should be fun to watch too since him and Creamer are pretty good friends.

quadracer707
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Dont be surprised to see Creamer gone, he wants more money & Natalie trying to buy out of his contract. Dont bet the farm on all this, like the banking industry did. Except Weinen def going green.

Ken

D-7#61-450r
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Gust is not stepping down any time soon. He stated he wants to race till he is 55. I see no reason a man who finishes 3rd for the season and is still winning races should ever step down. Go Digger. Not a suzuki fan but Gust is Suzuki. I hope he stays with them untill he retires.

As far as the Weinen thing goes I hope he signs with someone soon so the rest of the teams pick who they are going to have on their team. Be ready for sponsor and rider changes on Can-am. A big name may no longer factory signed.

Gotta love the off season rumor mill.

One thing to bet on is Byrd will still be on a Dasa, Axis, Walsh, Honda.

TWISTED
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Gust is not stepping down any time soon. He stated he wants to race till he is 55. I see no reason a man who finishes 3rd for the season and is still winning races should ever step down. Go Digger. Not a suzuki fan but Gust is Suzuki. I hope he stays with them untill he retires.

As far as the Weinen thing goes I hope he signs with someone soon so the rest of the teams pick who they are going to have on their team. Be ready for sponsor and rider changes on Can-am. A big name may no longer factory signed.

Gotta love the off season rumor mill.

One thing to bet on is Byrd will still be on a Dasa, Axis, Walsh, Honda.

What do you know???? You act like this came out of a little Byrd's mouth or something.....

quadracer707
10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
OH & Suzuki wont pick up a third rider.

I Can see in the future:confused:

10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I hate this it gets so confusing now people always changing teams. What ever happen to sticking with the same team for a while?

quad2xtreme
10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Thoughts that crossed my mind...

Wimmer almost won the title his first year on a Suzuki.
Wimmer won the title his 2nd year on a Suzuki.
The guy seems to finish every race he is in.
I have to wonder what it will take to beat him. If he stays on the podium week after week, he will be tough to beat. He seems to have nerves of steel which is probably the hardest "skill" to acquire...if it can be acquired. There are lots of fast riders in practice that seem to fall apart when racing.

"Most" posters were way off about Joe Byrd's abilities too. The guy proved beyond a doubt that he can compete in any race organization.

D-7#61-450r
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Don't worry about what I know! And don't be gealous that I am a movie star and your not.:blah:

midwestz400
10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Trust me, chad going to kawi isnt from the rumor mill..

Anybody wanna take some serious money bets on this one?

madskrillz2
10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Dont be surprised to see Creamer gone, he wants more money & Natalie trying to buy out of his contract. Dont bet the farm on all this, like the banking industry did. Except Weinen def going green.

Ken

Yep. I heard this too towards the end of the season. Not Creamer being gone but the fact that Kawasaki wants Natalie. So, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see Natalie going green either.

D-7#61-450r
10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I heard enough info a month ago to make your jaw drop. That was close to the top of the list but nowhere near all the changes that may happen. This info should start the chain of events that will happen. When Chad is signed others will find next years rides.

Like it or not with factory support money talks to all riders.

JRP
10-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Talked to creamer a few min ago via AIM, lol, him and wienen will be on team green next year!

madskrillz2
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Talked to creamer a few min ago via AIM, lol, him and wienen will be on team green next year!

haha I thought I was the only one that did that.

JRP
10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by madskrillz2
haha I thought I was the only one that did that. [/QUOTE

hahah nah man, he dosen't talk to a lot of ppl though. Ive been friends with him for a while now on AIM, a few yrs back when he was doin pro-am, but its pretty cool. start talkin to him online, and now we actually know eachother, and talk at the races like friends, haha. Its hard to get around the fact all the pros are just regular people. I look at them as being idols and heros, and they are, but normal people also, hah

250r rider 88
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
well if natalie is buying out of his contract i really dont see where he would go, but why would he want out after only a year on the can-am? it takes that to get the team and rider and quad into the groove and settled in for the next year

unless he could get FRE/KTM to give him a factory support deal until the get their factory team going in 2010, that would be awesome,

madskrillz2
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by JRP

hahah nah man, he dosen't talk to a lot of ppl though. Ive been friends with him for a while now on AIM, a few yrs back when he was doin pro-am, but its pretty cool. start talkin to him online, and now we actually know eachother, and talk at the races like friends, haha. Its hard to get around the fact all the pros are just regular people. I look at them as being idols and heros, and they are, but normal people also, hah

LMAO that's crazy. I'm the exact same way but I started talking to him WAY back when he was still on a Cannondale. Actually he had just bought a Yamaha and I almost bought his Cannondale so, that's how I started talking to him on AIM.

Warnerade
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by JRP

hahah nah man, he dosen't talk to a lot of ppl though. Ive been friends with him for a while now on AIM, a few yrs back when he was doin pro-am, but its pretty cool. start talkin to him online, and now we actually know eachother, and talk at the races like friends, haha. Its hard to get around the fact all the pros are just regular people. I look at them as being idols and heros, and they are, but normal people also, hah i thougt I was your one and only aim buddy:(

FHKracingZ
10-06-2008, 10:08 PM
i thougt I was your one and only aim buddy:(

If this page had any more emotion i think an E-tear would create and run down all my screen

LTR450_#67
10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Like previously said Chad going to team Green Monster is a done deal. My source (which is VERY reliable) heard about the news through Chads home mechanic who works on the practice quads said that Chads deal with Suzuki was up and Chad decided he wanted to ride for someone else. Suzuki didn't give him the boot. I guess the reasons he went with Kawi were 1. he's getting paid 2. The KFX is like 15lbs lighter than the LTR in race form, 3. They make more power and 4. Chad liked the way the front end felt better. I always heard the KFX's were on the underpowered side, maybe they got them dialed in finally. Now Josh and Chad can have team SHAKE N' BAKE!!!! I'm pretty sure Suzuki is still going to have a 3 man team still though.

I hope the KFX can hold up for Chad.

later

k4f5x0r
10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
honestly between the ltr and the kfx the seating and feeling isnt to different. ofcourse the front ends feel different but where you sit isnt all that much.

im sure once he egts used to it its going to be a beast. after the frist year kawi's im sure theyve figured them out. plus with creamer's knee fixed im sure he'll be going even faster :eek2:

JRP
10-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Kawi's Team is going to be very strong this year, no question about that! Like stated above, since creamers acl is fixed, and hes just waiting to get the ok to ride, and wienens shoulder is good, they will be training 24/7 and I honestly think they will be hard to top! Gonna be weird seeing wienen on a kawi though :ermm: lol

younggun95
10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I heard Kawi was gonna be a 3 man team. Creamer, Wienen, and this guy: He's already got a Kawi Leatt made http://a415.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/107/l_7722af7059f8ce73d878d78047c2b35e.jpg:devil:

JRP
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
hahaha thats funny as hell justin, ive never seen that pic before lol. good ol connels dad would have that in their golf cart.

hasbeenttduner
10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I think it will be cool to see chad on a kawi.That will be a tuff team and they will both be in the top 5 at several rounds next year with a couple of 2 green on the podi.
Now the natalie thing...If he can get out where will he go?If kawi and zuk are filled he could be buying out of a can-am factory ride for a support deal.Now that would be a shot at can-am.

250r rider 88
10-08-2008, 03:50 PM
if natalie leaves can-am that could be a huge blow for them and he would only be able to pick up some type of support programs potentially from:

Yamaha-YFZ450R
KTM-SX 450
hate to say it but polaris :ermm:
he could go back to being a privateer on any of the brands he wants, if he did that i think it would either be honda or yamaha

or maybe, just maybe, Honda is finally going to run a 1 man factory team to see if they want to expand later down the road-this is highly unlikely but one can only hope

FHKracingZ
10-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Like previously said Chad going to team Green Monster is a done deal. My source (which is VERY reliable) heard about the news through Chads home mechanic who works on the practice quads said that Chads deal with Suzuki was up and Chad decided he wanted to ride for someone else. Suzuki didn't give him the boot. I guess the reasons he went with Kawi were 1. he's getting paid 2. The KFX is like 15lbs lighter than the LTR in race form, 3. They make more power and 4. Chad liked the way the front end felt better. I always heard the KFX's were on the underpowered side, maybe they got them dialed in finally. Now Josh and Chad can have team SHAKE N' BAKE!!!! I'm pretty sure Suzuki is still going to have a 3 man team still though.

I hope the KFX can hold up for Chad.

later

You couldnt be more wrong on chads move to kawis..

He does not have a home mechanic, he wrenches on all his own bikes when he is home..

younggun95
10-08-2008, 05:01 PM

He does not have a home mechanic, he wrenches on all his own bikes when he is home..

He does have Jack who helps out sometimes.

mooseracerX
10-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I would love to see John back as a privateer. Reason is it was just cool to see a privateer whoop on such a big group like Rockstar Suzuki and win the WPSA championship. IDK though I still can't get over the fact he's not on that Honda.

05specialeditio
10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
since u guys are saying zuki is still going to be a three man team could natalie fill the empty spot?

JRP
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 05specialeditio
since u guys are saying zuki is still going to be a three man team could natalie fill the empty spot?

now that would be weird lol. idk though hahah

FHKracingZ
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Suzuki wanted to keep Chad and Dustin.. But Doug had a contract plaus that stated if he was top 3 in points his spot on the team was secure...

Suzuki is going to a 2 man team..

Jack isnt around much. Chad does 95% of the wrenching at home on his own bikes.. He also does all the wrenching when he is on the road..

Theres not much wrenching involved, anything major he just got a new bike.

Lurch
10-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Yep. I heard this too towards the end of the season. Not Creamer being gone but the fact that Kawasaki wants Natalie. So, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see Natalie going green either.

Team Green is all about building champions. That was straight from Jimmy White's mouth in an interview a few years ago. They don't buy champs, they build them.

250r rider 88
10-08-2008, 09:44 PM
i honestly think if john went back to being a privateer he would choose the new yfz450r over the unchanged Honda, remember it wasn't that long ago john was on a Yamaha and this new machine could spark enough interest in him to go back to it, you never know

i agree JRP, john on Suzuki would just be..... weird for sure

mooseracerX
10-09-2008, 06:25 AM
But guys just think of that Wimmer, Gust Natalie. Tell me that wouldn't be a fast team. Although I think that he should get used to one quad.

hasbeenttduner
10-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Lurch
Team Green is all about building champions. That was straight from Jimmy White's mouth in an interview a few years ago. They don't buy champs, they build them.

It looks like they decided to change thier rules.They are not building chad they are buying chad for a shot at a title.

250r rider 88
10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
It looks like they decided to change thier rules.They are not building chad they are buying chad for a shot at a title.

not really, are you saying there isn't more chad can improve on? sure chad is really good, kawasaki will only make him better, money has a lot to do with it, but i think the prestige of racing for Kawasaki and jimmy white is enough to temp any racer

hasbeenttduner
10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I stand by my post.Picking up chad is not building a champion and if you think it is you have not been watching the mx pro class very close over the last 24 months.Thier only job is to keep a good quad under him that won't break down.If he is healthy he will be very fast in all conditions on whatever he rides.

250r rider 88
10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
If he is healthy he will be very fast in all conditions on whatever he rides.

that could be said for alot of pro riders, take Natalie for example, he was healthy all year, and look how he did on a new machine, after being on the same for what, 3 years? and now chad will be doing the same,

RideRed84
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
John flat out ripped on that 450R for his last 2 privateer years. Maybe Honda has something up their sleeve for a team or new design. It's highly unlikely but I just don't see John leaving a factory ride to go back to privateering. He had stated how he needed the support both financially and technically so there must be something big in the works if he wants to buy out his contract. Also in that Quad interview he said that Honda wanted to step up.

250r rider 88
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
that would be awesome if honda did that but why wait this long? i cant see them jumping into a factory effort with the economy the way it is and all the other teams scaling down

quad2xtreme
10-09-2008, 01:53 PM
IMO, there are only 4 champions that can be bought right now...

Wimmer, Byrd, Natalie, and Gust.

hasbeenttduner
10-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
IMO, there are only 4 champions that can be bought right now...

Wimmer, Byrd, Natalie, and Gust.

You have a point but they are not BUILDING A CHAMPION with chad.

Warnerade
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
You have a point but they are not BUILDING A CHAMPION with chad. sure they are. he hasnt won a championship yet, so in tern...hes not a champion.

TWISTED
10-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Take this for what it's worth, but Honda is not gonna do anything for quads............... Nothing at all............

FHKracingZ
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Acually hes the steel city open champion...

When kawi says they build champions its just a saying.. Technically they are buying a champion, chad is ALWAYS top 3 if he dosnt break down. To me you cant build much more than he already has besides a little better luck

250r rider 88
10-09-2008, 03:57 PM
they are "PURCHASING" a highly talented rider to "BUILD" into a champion, enough said, and i agree about the 4 names above,

whats done with chad is done, he is on green know and will still be a title continder if he stays healthy all year,

at this point im more concerned about the whole Natalie situation

hsr
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
they are "PURCHASING" a highly talented rider to "BUILD" into a champion, enough said, and i agree about the 4 names above,

whats done with chad is done, he is on green know and will still be a title continder if he stays healthy all year,

at this point im more concerned about the whole Natalie situation

It's weird that natalie has waited his whole career for a a factory ride and a paycheck and now he's backing out? I hope he has something up his sleeve... and as for wienend, it should be interesting to see how he does on that kawi. Also, is pat brown back with yamaha for next year?

Ex_Rider43
10-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I dont really care if Kawasaki is 'Buying' or 'Building' a champion.

I just want them to win a championship. They released the KFX a bit later than most other teams but they set-up a full size rig and team the first year so props to them.

It will be interesting to see who's going where thats for sure.

quad2xtreme
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
I dont really care if Kawasaki is 'Buying' or 'Building' a champion.

I just want them to win a championship. They released the KFX a bit later than most other teams but they set-up a full size rig and team the first year so props to them.

It will be interesting to see who's going where thats for sure.

I really don't care either...if Kawi "buys" or "builds" a Champion either but nobody should argue that Chad is a Champion. You have to give credit where it is due and there are only 4 Champions racing today. If Kawi bought one of these guys then you could say they are going after a proven Champion for their ride...much like Yamaha's done with Stewart.

Jersey450R
10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
ur nuts

jrspawn
10-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Take this for what it's worth, but Honda is not gonna do anything for quads............... Nothing at all............

Amen to that!

wayfastwhitey69
10-09-2008, 08:44 PM
ugh he better not, kawis= garbage

rider250ex
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
so why do the kawis=garbage?

etccb
10-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't know what you guys are smoking on here but kawi is not building chad into anything.I wish them and chad well and this is not a shot at them but this is not one of thier building projects!I just hope he will be on as good of a team and quad as he was on this year.Good luck chad.

blakefoote
10-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Anyone know if cody gibson is going with kawi also? I remember hearing a while back it was in the works possibly. Its probably old news that i missed though:(

yes gibson will be with kawi... but as far as the Chad wienen thing...he hasn't actually signed with anyone... Suzuki is narrowing there team down to two riders... they took the national champ, and the vet.... chad will move on to another team but he hasn't actually signed with anyone right now

blakefoote
10-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by RideRed84
John flat out ripped on that 450R for his last 2 privateer years. Maybe Honda has something up their sleeve for a team or new design. It's highly unlikely but I just don't see John leaving a factory ride to go back to privateering. He had stated how he needed the support both financially and technically so there must be something big in the works if he wants to buy out his contract. Also in that Quad interview he said that Honda wanted to step up.

the word that i have heard about john natalie is that he is gonna do a privateer team type deal....like him and cody miller and maybe hunter miller will be a team... all in the same rig...

madskrillz2
10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by wayfastwhitey69
ugh he better not, kawis= garbage

you=garbage

COLTBNME
10-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Go Kawasaki Team !!!!!

Proud MOM of Colton Kellum#484

hsr
10-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
yes gibson will be with kawi... but as far as the Chad wienen thing...he hasn't actually signed with anyone... Suzuki is narrowing there team down to two riders... they took the national champ, and the vet.... chad will move on to another team but he hasn't actually signed with anyone right now

will cody have a full on factory backing or just a support ride? Pro Class?

FHKracingZ
10-10-2008, 03:36 PM

Chad signed with KAWASAKI last thursday.
Dont talk your an idiot..

Natalie will be under the factory can-am tent next year..

madskrillz2
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Chad signed with KAWASAKI last thursday.
Dont talk your an idiot..

Natalie will be under the factory can-am tent next year..

You seem to be on a day to day basis with Chad so do you know WHY he signed with Kawasaki? Just the money or what? I'm sure he'll still be a force though. I've heard great things about those Kawasakis when they're done right. Hah I could almost see him doing it just because him and Creamer are buddies and it didn't seem like he was on a real friendly basis with Wimmer or Gust.

FHKracingZ
10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Suzuki wanted to keep him but couldnt afford him.....

madskrillz2
10-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Ah I see

lemondropracing
10-10-2008, 05:04 PM
KAWI SIGNED NATIONAL CHAMP DUSTIN WIMMER!!!!! REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT!!!!!

quadboy38
10-10-2008, 08:57 PM
this silly season is almost as good as the bikes was!

blacknblue#2
10-10-2008, 10:51 PM
DRAMA..........i feel like im back in highschool hahah :bandit:

jcv400ex
10-11-2008, 06:51 AM
YET AGAIN, ALL WRONG!!! CHAD WENT TO YAMAHA, DIVER IS COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT AND RUNNING KAWI, NATALIE IS RUNNING A HONDA NEXT YEAR UNDER HIS OWN TEAM. PENLAND IS RUNNING MOTOCROSS UNDER A YET TO BE RELEASED TEAM. OH AND ONE LAST THING, BUBBA IS TRYING SEAL A DEAL ON A 4 RACE ATV RIDE WITH YAMAHA.......SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

blakefoote
10-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
YET AGAIN, ALL WRONG!!! CHAD WENT TO YAMAHA, DIVER IS COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT AND RUNNING KAWI, NATALIE IS RUNNING A HONDA NEXT YEAR UNDER HIS OWN TEAM. PENLAND IS RUNNING MOTOCROSS UNDER A YET TO BE RELEASED TEAM. OH AND ONE LAST THING, BUBBA IS TRYING SEAL A DEAL ON A 4 RACE ATV RIDE WITH YAMAHA.......SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

no way!!! dave diver off of the early huevos movies? lol lol lol

ohsobad_chevy
10-11-2008, 10:30 AM
OH THE EXCITEMENT.....WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT!!! lmao... :blah:

madskrillz2
10-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Calm down bud... i went to KY this weekend and was with jeremiah and thats what he told me.... so your not actually calling me an idiot your calling him one

What in God's name are you talking about? At what point did I call you an idiot in that post? I wasn't even quoting or talking to you in the first place. I was just simply asking FHK if he knew why Chad signed because it seems like he knows him pretty well.

FHKracingZ
10-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Dont worry about it skrillz he was talking to me..

Ill just post a pic next week when we go riding and hes on the kawi. that will shut everybody up.

madskrillz2
10-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Ah ok. Well have you seen him riding one at all? If you have how is he looking on it?

FHKracingZ
10-11-2008, 03:20 PM
said he dosnt get one for 2 weeks yet.

Mean250r
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
i heard chads riding for PEP BOYS

http://www.scooterschina.com/cheap-scooter/power-scooter32.jpg

ohsobad_chevy
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
baahahahahaha...... I would like to see him take a podium on that bad boy!!!

blakefoote
10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
What in God's name are you talking about? At what point did I call you an idiot in that post? I wasn't even quoting or talking to you in the first place. I was just simply asking FHK if he knew why Chad signed because it seems like he knows him pretty well.

i quoted the wrong person lol

blakefoote
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hsr
will cody have a full on factory backing or just a support ride? Pro Class?

pro am...kawi bikes walsh stuff

FHKracingZ
10-13-2008, 09:40 PM
dude this is stuff Jeremiah Jones told me face to face...lol im not saying your wrong...its just not your place t call me an idiot

Ehy, o well. It happens, I was just straighting out the facts...

They are not sure what components they are gonna run right now.. They will be testing Walsh stuff but nothing is certain.

Premis
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
It's kinda fun reading all these rumors. I have a few insider connections :D and can tell you that some are spot on and others are way off.

I'm not going to get into rider specifics, just put my 2 cents in. You are going to see a major reduction in factory support next year. When the factories made their teams last year they counted on the WPSA and major TV coverage on ESPN. That didn't happen. The lack of an ESPN promise next year alone will reduce factory involvement. Couple that with the economic crisis and you have a bit of a problem.

No matter what machine you put these guys on they will be just as fast, that's what makes them pros. The biggest contribution a team makes to the riders performance comes from a mechanical reliability standpoint.

hsr
10-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Premis
It's kinda fun reading all these rumors. I have a few insider connections :D and can tell you that some are spot on and others are way off.

I'm not going to get into rider specifics, just put my 2 cents in. You are going to see a major reduction in factory support next year. When the factories made their teams last year they counted on the WPSA and major TV coverage on ESPN. That didn't happen. The lack of an ESPN promise next year alone will reduce factory involvement. Couple that with the economic crisis and you have a bit of a problem.

No matter what machine you put these guys on they will be just as fast, that's what makes them pros. The biggest contribution a team makes to the riders performance comes from a mechanical reliability standpoint.

What teams are going to be cutting back and to what extent? Seems as if yamaha, can-am, suzuki, and kawasaki are all still going to be fielding a factory semi? And it almost seems time for Joe Byrd to change things up a little...still on board Honda's for 09'?? And what level of support is Cody Gibson going to be getting from Kawi, should be cool to see him on the green machine.

TWISTED
10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
IMO, Can Am's pits won't look like a truck stop....

OutlawEX
10-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Maybe suzuki woint have a semi;)

mooseracerX
10-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah have those guys show up with their quads in the back of there trucks. lol

lemondropracing
10-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I STAND CORRECTED I THOUGHT MY INSIDER SAY WIMMER BUT THEY SAID WIENEN SO THOSE OF YOU WHO SAID WIENEN ARE CORRECT ITS A DONE DEAL WIENEN HAS ALREADY SIGNED WITH KAWI!!!!!

DEVINF450R
10-18-2008, 06:36 PM
yeah I heard from Wienen personally he is with Kawi a few days after he signed... And he IS a Champion caliber rider, just had some bad luck. If the Kawi suits him well he will be in contention for the title.

As for Natalie my bet is with Honda... Michelle rode one last year for a reason. I have heard most of the Can-Am riders tell other ppl they wouldn't ride one if it were not for the factory ride. If Natalie thought it was a superior machine she would have been on a Can-Am too.

If honda supports mybet would be on Byrd b/c he is tight with Honda, even though he is a dirty rider and I don't care for his riding technique. but if they do a 2 man team Natalie will be there.

08mxkfx
10-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I doubt you will ever see Byrd and Natalie on the same team. Natalie hates Byrd riding style and everything about him. He made it clear on several occasion he doesnt like him.

FHKracingZ
10-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I told you Natalie will be on a Can-am next year. They are throwing to much money his way for him to ride anything else.... anybody wanna put a bet down on this?

blakefoote
10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I told you Natalie will be on a Can-am next year. They are throwing to much money his way for him to ride anything else.... anybody wanna put a bet down on this?

i agree Natalie: can-am
Byrd:honda
wienen: kawi

QuadJunkies
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Premis

Ive heard this as well and looks like it will be all the manufactuers that are making cuts all across the board....
Not a good time for the economy and cuts when the sport is doing so well. :(

Seano300ex
10-20-2008, 08:52 PM
so any pics of weinens new ride????

FHKracingZ
10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
He flew to Cali today to do testing, some pics are bound to fly up somewere..

250r rider 88
10-20-2008, 10:55 PM
******** had an article today on determination that featured him and it mentioned he would be on the team, yea some pics are bound to turn up by the weekend

05specialeditio
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
i wonder if we will see chad at the final itp quadcross race in november at glen helen

younggun95
10-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Chad definitely wanted to race one of the quadcross, but havent heard if its going to works out.

Byrd was at the Quadcross last weekend watching.

laeger2fiddyr
10-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 05specialeditio
i wonder if we will see chad at the final itp quadcross race in november at glen helen

i bet if you do he podiums!!!:D

05Z400rdr
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you won't see Byrd on a Honda next year. I can't say what I was told he will most likely be on, and it wasn't a "done deal" yet, but if it goes through, it won't be a Honda, and that's all I am going to say.

OutlawEX
10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
I'm pretty sure you won't see Byrd on a Honda next year. I can't say what I was told he will most likely be on, and it wasn't a "done deal" yet, but if it goes through, it won't be a Honda, and that's all I am going to say.

Hmm must be that quad that won the second moto in the 30 plus A at Redbud:devil:

ohsobad_chevy
10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Seeing Byrd on anything but a Honda will be really weired!! :ermm:

05specialeditio
10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
hmmm maybe we will see byrd on a yami. lol

slosh13
10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Found this on another site from a VERY reliable source. Enjoy!

its mid way through October and the big players are still up for grabs. Wienen is reportedly going Green, Wimmer was rumored to be changing shades of yellow (Can Am as opposed to Suzuki), but really good sources claim there’s no chance he’s leaving Suzuki, so don’t believe the hype, Creamer is supposedly still unsigned as well. Byrd is staying Red, Gust is staying on Suzukis, and Keith Little will most probably be green again as well, but under his own canopy. Baldwin’s Josh Upperman is going Orange aboard the KTM 450 SX. Polaris has been looking at Mitch Reynolds, Jason Dunkelberger, and a few others, but I have yet to confirm who has actually signed. Clay Holmes is supposedly flying into the Pro class Byrd-less and looking for a ride. There’s just so much up in the air that the industry is almost on hold.

GE4x4
10-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Mitch is signed by Polaris/Rath. It on Raths web site.

exrider49
10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
i talked to mark baldwin yesterday and he told me upperman is staying red for next year...but maybe he is keeping it a secret so i guess we will have to wait and see

JIM GRACE
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
this month's atv sport mag has an ad for polaris with dana creech 52 and luburgh 9.
are shown. have not heard anything about either of the guy's since the wpsa
folded .

brandons dad #55

maticus
10-25-2008, 07:04 AM
does anybody know if any of the can-am guys are getting the boot? and where are some pics of chad on the green machine?

D-7#61-450r
10-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't be to supprized to see a 13 on a non factory supported honda next year. Sometimes being to vocal about not liking what your sponsers provide to you is not the best idea.

One of the Can-am teams will have a new sponser name also.

According to a little byrd, the Byrd team will remain the same with possibly a few small changes nothing major.

Cindi
10-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Just Wondering Why Should Gust Step Down????? He is still kicking ***** out there at 41!!!!!!!. Just because a team cuts back doesn't mean the old guy should step down for the young guys that have years and years left in this sport!

Cindi

brandon's dad #55

Cindi
10-25-2008, 12:16 PM
[B]Suzuki wanted to keep Chad and Dustin.. But Doug had a contract plaus that stated if he was top 3 in points his spot on the team was secure...

Did you hear this from Doug or someone from Suzuki? Did Suzuki only keep Doug because of a so call contract or did they keep him because he finished third for he season. (Would have been 2nd if he didn't DNF both motos in NY.) Third is better than 17 other riders I think that speaks for something.

Cindi :o)

Warnerade
10-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Cindi
Just Wondering Why Should Gust Step Down????? He is still kicking ***** out there at 41!!!!!!!. Just because a team cuts back doesn't mean the old guy should step down for the young guys that have years and years left in this sport!

Cindi amen.

FHKracingZ
10-25-2008, 04:13 PM
My post was not to offend doug in anyway or say suzuki did not want him..

Who would not want doug, he is by far the most consistent rider out there....Anybody who thinks doug should step down should of went to a national this year.. He was on fire, flat out....

Hope that clears that up..

D-7#61-450r
10-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Glad to see your response Cindi. Don't get to worked up over this thread. Some of us know that Doug can beet most riders on his king quad, if you know what I mean.lol

Cindi
10-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Glad to see your response Cindi. Don't get to worked up over this thread. Some of us know that Doug can beet most riders on his king quad, if you know what I mean.lol

Ha Ha! I do know what you mean there! Too Funny. Ya being on a race bike sometimes give you a false hope you may have a chance of beating Doug for once not expecting the king quad to still do more jumps than you would ever think of doing. :-)

Cindi

OutlawEX
10-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Natailie has a two year contract. He will be on Can AM for 09.

Pappy
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Doug Gust is the man:p

Even if he looks alot like Dirty Harry:devil:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/2975617003_92268654ef_o.jpg

ohsobad_chevy
10-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Digger Doug FTW!!!!!! Wooooot!! :D

quad2xtreme
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
[B]Doug Gust is the man:p

We old guys look up to Digger and we sure don't need him in the 40+ class any time soon. :) :)

I would like see him ride at Breezewood to really judge his riding though. ;) Any chance anyone good talk him into a trip to good old PA to ride with his fans? :p

/Jon

TWISTED
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I've seen him ride on his personal track.... He would shred Breezewood...... I'd like to see Dan out there with him..... That would be awesome!!!!

KingpinsEx
10-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Whats the word on Jason Luburg, where has he been??:confused:

madskrillz2
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Whats the word on Jason Luburg, where has he been??:confused:

From what I understood, he just doesn't want it bad enough. I've heard from several people he was one of those that just had everything handed to him so he didn't appreciate anything. Don't jump all over me if I'm wrong, just stating what I've heard through the grape vine. It sucks though. I thought he had a lot of talent and he actually was one of my favorite riders. Well, up until I heard those things.

Cindi
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Doug Gust is the man:p

Even if he looks alot like Dirty Harry:devil:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/2975617003_92268654ef_o.jpg

That is toooo funny! :D

Pappy
10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Cindi
That is toooo funny! :D
After i took that picture, I looked at the back of my camera and busted out laughing, I looked back up and he shot me a WTF look:p I have one of Byrd practicing for halloween:chinese:

GRRRRRRRRRRR:devil:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/2979653240_b1f038fe21_o.jpg

SIATVRACER
10-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Here are the latest rumors and truths I have heard...

Dustin W = no contract offer YET from Suzy - talking to everyone! had heard that 2 old ATV racers forming a team talking to him...??? Remember Red Bull! That is huge... ask Bubba! Financially he picked a bad year to be a free agent!
Chad W = Kawi (truth)
Gust = Suzuki (truth)
Upperman = Honda (?)
Natalie = Can-Am Warnert (truth)
Creamer = NOT SIGNED YET!!! Talking to most everyone!!
Pat Brown = Yamaha! (truth)
Goodman = ?
Gee = Not sure yet... Yamaha? (rumor)
Little= No factory ride... (rumor)
Dunkelberger = ?? Polaris MAYBE.. K&K no Nationals? (rumor)
LAWSON = Can-Am (truth) but NOT WITH EPIC! Motoworks!
Baker = ITP / Works Can-Am
Reynolds = Polaris
Brandon Smith = Can-Am - Lawson's teamate!
Byrd = Honda (but talking to many!)

This is only late October... so much of this could change as we all know... racing is racing and if a guy thinks a deal is done... but no ink yet... a better RACING deal could come about and he jumps!!

just my thoughts...

quadboy38
10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
could be some truth to the no k&k at nationals...look what i found
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1346513/Clean-06-Haulmark-Toterhome-Renegade-Trailer.html

SIATVRACER
10-28-2008, 05:49 AM
I had heard that they were not going to run the Nats! I hate that!! I hate to see anyone loose sponsorship and/or get hit by our stupid economy and not be able to support the sport they love! this is bad for ATV racing!!

Good Luck K&K if this is true! We all sincerely hope to see you all at the races in 2009 and beyond!

JJs450r
10-28-2008, 06:35 AM
dont know if this helps, but dustin wimmer was at a track in north carolina(ncmp) testing with suzuki and yoshi a couple weeks ago,

quad2xtreme
10-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by JJs450r
dont know if this helps, but dustin wimmer was at a track in north carolina(ncmp) testing with suzuki and yoshi a couple weeks ago,

I wondered who rented the race track for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday that one week.

Seano300ex
10-28-2008, 11:59 AM
does anyone kno what cale downen is doing if k & k wont be at nationals this year??? also any pics of wienen on a kawi???

FHKracingZ
10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
I heard cale is in a toss up between riding hondas and suzukis, not sure yet..

bw1969
10-29-2008, 05:23 AM
I heard Josh re-signed with Kawi and Dustin is still looking...

steveo39
10-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Dustin Wimmer will be on a suzuki next year. That came from someone who works with suzuki's race team. There was never doubt about it.

maticus
10-29-2008, 05:55 AM
I heard cale is in a toss up between riding hondas and suzukis, not sure yet..

i hope he stays on honda his bikes are sick:eek2:

10-29-2008, 11:37 AM
yea yoshi was out there testing some prototype stuff on the suzukis at ncmp...wonder what it was

400grl
10-29-2008, 10:44 PM
The off-season is exciting in it's own way, for sure!!! Being the Yami fan I am, I wonder if the new YFZR will throw a change into anyone's plans for 09?

The downsizing and economy stuff really sucks right now....hopefully it's all just temporary and won't affect the momentum that factory backed ATV racing has been experiencing for the past few years!

jesseweaver
10-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I've seen him ride on his personal track.... He would shred Breezewood...... I'd like to see Dan out there with him..... That would be awesome!!!!

that would be cool to get some of the local pros to ride too, natalie and dunk. wouldnt work though, with being on factory teams:(

quad2xtreme
10-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
that would be cool to get some of the local pros to ride too, natalie and dunk. wouldnt work though, with being on factory teams:(

Wimmer, Natalie, and Dunk have all been to BPG and ride with everyone that is there that day...you just have to know the day. The times I was there when Wimmer and Dunk were there, a few faster riders stayed on the tracks while everyone else just got off the tracks to watch.

Pappy
10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
LOL....BPG is a favorite track of several pros in this region. The only time you will see a factory team shun the public view is when they are testing new products that the team feels shouldnt be promoted in the public view....other then that, you just never know who will show up with an average looking quad to shred BPG:D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2231/2045356300_f9dc23a880_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2420/2147068197_8f2f5746b9_o.jpg

Les Davis
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
[B]LOL....BPG is a favorite track of several pros in this region. The only time you will see a factory team shun the public view is when they are testing new products that the team feels shouldnt be promoted in the public view....other then that, you just never know who will show up with an average looking quad to shred BPG:D

Although I was out way too late the night before and had a killer hangover it was worth the drive to Breezewood yesterday to watch Dunk ride after doing his riding class at the park. A couple of the regular BPG riders got out there with him and mixed it up for several laps. It was a blast to watch the action!!

fast426
11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I know you take alot of sweet pics Pappy, but that is by far the sweetest pic I have seen. The detail is so amazing it almost looks fake lol. Keep up the good work.