PDA

View Full Version : Best a-arms for enduro ?

lemondeduquad
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Hye,

I am a french atv rider who is looking for a TRX250R.

I want it to be prepared for enduro.

What is best configuration : Stock a-arms with 450R suspention or 1+1 a-arms LT with LT suspention ?

Thanks a lot for your answer and good ride !

François :cool:

Creech52
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
If you can fit a +1 a arm it will be better then stock, if you have ever heard the moniker "wider is better" well its true, and going long travel is always a good idea because you get more travel out of the shock making the ride softer. Also you get more adjustment options with some A arm setups, and u can also replace the ball joints.

lemondeduquad
10-06-2008, 04:00 AM
Hye,

Thanks for this answer.

For a enduro utilisation, is there a best a-arms brand ?

Is this product a good one : Burgard Cycle / +1/+1 (http://www.burgardcycle.com/xcart/product.php?productid=122&cat=9&page=1) ?

For shocks, which is the best for enduro, air with Fox, or Olhins, Elka... ?

Thanks a lot,

François

Creech52
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
That burgard set up looks good, it uses sealed ball joints top and bottom which is a good thing when riding in alot of mud and sand.

As far as shocks theres alot of good brands out there so its more up to your budget what you go with. Elka, Axis, TCS, PEP, and Fox are all good. Alot of people love the Fox float shocks for motocross, and theres a lot of people that run Elka aswell.

lemondeduquad
10-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks a lot for this very weel eplained post.

For shocks, all the brands know the burgard's configuration ? When you say "I want a LT for a TRX with burgard +1+1 LT", they understand or ask you size and others ?

For enduro, do you know which brand is most used ?

Thanks again,

François

Creech52
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Burgard should be able to recomend a shock lenght for their A arms, or the shock company would be able to help you, either by just knowing or by having you take the measurements they need. Then just tell them what type of riding you do and your weight and they should be able to build you the shocks you need.

As far as brand most used I would say Elka is one of the more popular because of the quality and price.