PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all about the t-4 slip on

Trickster78
12-10-2002, 07:20 PM
i was told both wb e series and the t-4 are bad A@@ slip ons, tell me what ya think about the t -4 as far as sound and peformance , thanks guys:devil

250xman
12-10-2002, 07:21 PM
i like mine. sounds and looks real good.

BKVIEW4U
12-10-2002, 08:07 PM
i have the t4 . it is extemely loud with the spark arrestor out. its still loud with it in. its too long from the factory . if u get one cut 2 inches off of it or buy hmf or white bros. but the sound of the t4 in the best by far. ive heard them all . lots of mid range power. but dont expect much hp at the top of the rpm, just more throttle response. oh yeah and it looks good too. if i had to do it again i would still buy it and cut off 2 inches

jb400exxx
12-10-2002, 08:11 PM
i have it and i love it. it sounds great not really that loud, louder than some , quieter than others. it puts out good power in the low to mid range. looks really sweet, especially after you polish it. i would recommend this pipe to anyone.

jb400exxx
12-10-2002, 08:13 PM
white brothers e series pipes break. just search for white bros in the forum and you'll see what problems people have had with them. they do sounds pretty sweet though, but don't get it.

skinrider440
12-10-2002, 08:16 PM
i love mine. and im in the process of polishing and yes it looks sweet

Braff1
12-11-2002, 07:06 AM
I have the PC T-4. Yes it is on the loud side. Don't bother getting the qiet core, it is junk. I have no trouble with it being to long. I can stand it up on the back wheels on the grab bar and there is a good 2 inches clearance. I have also heard HMF is good also. Same design as T-4.

oynot400
12-11-2002, 08:08 AM
I got the T-4 with the FMF Powerbomb header. This is a great combo. The only thing I do not like about the T-4 is the oring seal. I got a stock muffler gasket and the clamp to hold it in place. Other than that, it is well constructed, good sound and power gains. You can't go wrong with this pipe. ;)

bmw500hp
12-11-2002, 09:42 AM
I got the t-4 from a friend who sold it very reasonable.... it was scratched and i polished it with a wheel and jewlers rouge... now it looks trick and I LOVE THE SOUND my buddy has e-series and exact mods as me.... we both run about the same but the T-4 sound WAY BETTER.....I would like to get powerbomb or WB header but worried wont fit with the Pingry Oil Tank......Anyone comment on this....????????

Pappy
12-11-2002, 10:18 AM
yeah the T-4 is a winner in my book. i loved mine.

bmw500hp
12-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey pap,,, you know this one..... what header would ya put with ur t-4 and "here's the biggy" which one allow for clearance of pingry tank...

mike

Pappy
12-11-2002, 10:49 AM
i would use the powerbong.....but as for the clearence for the pingry....i wish i knew. ive had 2 or 3 people ask me that same question. it may come down to contacting a company to have a different bend put on the headpipe.

if this is the case....i would imagine you could get it done by someone with a working knowledge of exhaust systems. i dont believe a bit wider or tighter bend for clearence would cause a major difference in performance.

Sparks425Ex
12-11-2002, 10:57 AM
T4s are good pipes but if you really wanna gain some power then go with a engine builders pipe.

Tc is also a slip on and is puttin out more bottom end then anyone else. Cept maybe Sparks. They are about the same.

You can also get a LRD for cheap. They are only like $350 with out chrome. And the chrome isn;t good looking after ya ride with it for a few days.

For 319 you can get one of the best pipe out there. TC.

bmw500hp
12-11-2002, 12:11 PM
thank you sir....

12-11-2002, 12:54 PM
BMW,,the powerbong is gonna be close to the pingry I would think. with the way the header pipe dips down,,I think it would be better than the WB hands down.

My thoughts on the T-4....LOUD mofo's that's for sure...

TC pipes are sweet too,,but $319 for $15 worth of aluminum,,I'm still tryin to figure that one out..:confused: