PDA

View Full Version : 1985 yamaha triz 250 very bad flooding problem

aball420
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a 1985 yamaha triz 250. Had it about a month, no problems really except it was really easy to flood it. since ive had it, ive ran it on empty tanks. the other day filled up the tank, rode to a friends, and next morning wouldnt start. flooding so bad one kick with no choke or throttle completely soaked the plug. after messing with it for a while decided to pull it. after about 20 feet in 5th gear noticed the fuel just pouring out the exhaust. removed the carb, dissasembled it everything looked good and clean except the floats are hitting the bottom of the bowl and looked like maybe floats werent shutting off the fuel so i adjusted the little tab to where it was closing just right. put it all together wouldnt start. tried pulling it, same thing fuel pouring out the exhaust. its been over a week since ive even touched it fuel has been shut off, without even trying to kick it over pulled the plug, was soaked. pulled fuel line off, on off valve no leak. kicked it over without spark plug, shot out about a pint of fuel. must be a few inches just sitting on piston for week. my question is. is there anything else besided the carb that could be the problem. i know its a vacuum fuel pump, so maybe i didnt notice it running on empty, but now that its full its alot more weight. also with all that fuel on the piston nothing has gotten into the crankcase which i find strange. but hey im not very familiar with these two strokes. anyone have any ideas. should i just buy a new carb

ccdhowell
10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Congrats on the old triz, you'll love it once you get it sorted out. I have an old Kawi Tecate, sort of similar trike. Sounds to me like it is the needle and seat in your carb. Take the carb off, take it apart and clean it good. The needle and seat may need replacing, it's hard for me to tell the difference. I usually clean a couple times, if it's still happening, then replace the needle and seat.

Anyway, check out 3wheelerworldforums dot com. Great bunch of guys over there that would be happy to help get your triz running like new.

Chris

John451
10-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I had the same problem with my rm125, i hadda push the tab up on the float valve so it would close earlier.