PDA

View Full Version : Full system or slip on exhaust?

DJack
10-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I am going to go with a stage one cam,timing key, carb,etc. but keep the motor stock. Do you all suggest a slip on only or a full system for max power?

Wheelie
10-04-2008, 04:25 PM
The stock EX headpipe is actually a pretty good piece, grind the welds out and it's good to go. Buy a slip on, don't bother with a full system unless you plan on modifying the engine internally in the future.

10-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie
The stock EX headpipe is actually a pretty good piece, grind the welds out and it's good to go. Buy a slip on, don't bother with a full system unless you plan on modifying the engine internally in the future.

i agree. i have actually seen 440's on the stock pipe and just a slip on that pulled pretty hard. I dont think a full system is worth it unless you go to a bigger bore.

DJack
10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
thanks

RaginRedneck
10-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Wheelie

X3

slouis
10-08-2008, 01:05 PM
you said to grind the welds out are those just on the inside of the 2 ports on the header