PDA

View Full Version : 250ex starter sounds like a blender?

450raider
10-04-2008, 10:14 AM
alright sorry for puttign this in open forums but were supposed to take a trip in a few hours...... now on my 06 250ex it was smoking so just tinkering with it i took the head/valve cover off and replaced the metal seal under it (if you have one you may know what im talking about) and after i put it back together it simply wont start, and the starter sounds different like a blender o generator or somethin so what could the problem be?

thanks

450raider
10-04-2008, 12:39 PM
really? i thought more people owned em than this....... oh well trips done went, this is the absolute last time i let a honda slow me down (or stop me in this case) so till next time lets see if i cant get this thing running long enough to get rid of it and get a raptor......

recap- changed valve cover seal, wont start, tries to fire but seams like valves are stuck or something, and starter sounds a little higher pitched than it did before.....anything?

fandl450r
10-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Is you battery dead?

450raider
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
no, i finally got it running again, it turned out to be a bent valve, somehow the top of the valve bent (and i never even touched it) causing the rocker to not make contact with the center of the vavle, so i got a screwdriver and gently persuaded it back over and that did it........ still smokes up a storm but i am glad to have it running again!

krt400ex
10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
no, i finally got it running again, it turned out to be a bent valve, somehow the top of the valve bent (and i never even touched it) causing the rocker to not make contact with the center of the vavle, so i got a screwdriver and gently persuaded it back over and that did it........ still smokes up a storm but i am glad to have it running again!

how the hell do you do something like that to a brand new 250ex?

450raider
10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
brand new?!?, ive had it for 2 1/2 years, and i have no idea how the smoking came about....

krt400ex
10-04-2008, 06:30 PM
brand new?!?, ive had it for 2 1/2 years, and i have no idea how the smoking came about....

wow. my head was somewheres else. i think i read it wrong. i didnt realize you said '06...and then i read your sig as '08. lol. i guess its past my bedtime :p :rolleyes:

powermadd400ex
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
thats kinda weird. we have 2 250exs and we never had any problems with them wat so ever. i rode my 2005 250ex like a beetch and it still runs pretty dang good. same with my little brothers 06 250. im still baffled on how it got bent :confused:

ZeroLogic
10-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Our 250ex never ever had a problem. Its a 05 I believe to. Talk about a reliable machine.

coryatver
10-04-2008, 08:00 PM
alright sorry for puttign this in open forums but were supposed to take a trip in a few hours...... now on my 06 250ex it was smoking so just tinkering with it i took the head/valve cover off and replaced the metal seal under it (if you have one you may know what im talking about) and after i put it back together it simply wont start, and the starter sounds different like a blender o generator or somethin so what could the problem be?

thanks

you shouldn't "tinker" with stuff. You take it apart. and put it back together and it is messed up so honda is junk? maybe whoever worked on it messed up. And you bent the valve back and now it is smoking????

man get it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing before it gets really messed up.

450raider
10-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
you shouldn't "tinker" with stuff. You take it apart. and put it back together and it is messed up so honda is junk? maybe whoever worked on it messed up. And you bent the valve back and now it is smoking????

man get it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing before it gets really messed up.

ahh, theres always one :ermm:................ no, it was smoking anyway which led me to tinker with the only parts that regular sockets would allow me access to, alright i changed a seal for what it was worth then when i put the valve cover back on it wouldnt start so knowing i couldnt have screwed up too much i decided to wait till tomorrow (which is today) and post about it meaniwhile i just overlooked everything and noticed one of the valves was slightly off its rocker :) , so i bent it back and it starts again and im greatful for that now..... yeah im gonna have to sink more moolah into it to rid the smoke, then a little more afterwords....

njk4o5
10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
how do you break a 250ex motor