PDA

View Full Version : Can Am 90 Recall

DoubleDad
10-04-2008, 06:44 AM
http://www.parentdish.com/2008/10/02/youth-atvs-product-recall/?icid=200100397x1210311528x1200628660

LT80
10-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Made in Vietnam eh..I didn't know that.
Maybe they are trying to get back at us..j/k LMAO :D :D

Nichols Atvs
10-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Did you all read some of the posts, on that page by people who dont like our sport I think I might be a red neck BUT I LIKE IT!!!!!!

LT80
10-04-2008, 01:13 PM
That is some crap there.. I couldn't resist. :D

Phugg
10-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh My God ..... I had to throw in my cheap 2c also. My sister is one of THOSE PEOPLE . Her twin boys cant even play a sport , because its "to dangerous" They are also sick as poo all the time because they never get out.

edit : what I wrote ..

We have this quad for our kids. They have a blast on it and WE have control over the speed of it. We have raised them on ATV's and they know thier own limits very well. We have limits on them too, and ours are much tighter than thiers would be. Our daughter had her first race on it a few weeks ago and everybody was SAFE ,,, OMFG they were all safe.
Now on the CEO comment ... I work for a cable company , so far from wealthy. There is a reason we bought THIS QUAD .. SAFETY. Do some research and learn before bashing others. A quad that is 43 in wide vs one that is 32 in wide = MORE stability !!
I would bet the ones whining here dont let thier own kids outside in fear of germs. Let them eat dirt for goodness sake , it might actually build up imunity instead your FAT LAZY kid sitting there in front of a tv watching Barny for 12 millionth time.

marsrace2
10-04-2008, 07:23 PM
the comments on that page made me sick, I cannot beleive how narrow and closed minded some people are. I wante to post a comment but I was so bothered by the ridiculous comments I didnt even know what to say.

10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
they are only making excuses to their kids so they dont have to spend a lousey 3400 dollars.i give what i never had and i always wanted.

ww228king
10-04-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah... that is a bunch...
here is my response posted..

I guess there is a bunch of pansy *** parents out there. No wonder kids find drugs to keep their life entertaining. My kid has gotten hurt more on his bicycle than his quad or his dirt bike. (riding since 3 years old) I guess if you baby your boys and deprive them of boyish fun, they will add to the gay race that is growing everyday. You parents can not just sit back and say that you did not have 3 wheelers or 4 wheelers when you were growing up (and what safety features did they have?) and look how we turned out. Now i will say this.... I would not put my 6 year old on a huge hunting ATV, but one for his size. Get out and get dirty and have some father son bonding fun!!!!! Get you damn kids off the damn streets and off the damn video games!!!!!

mini racer #39
10-05-2008, 09:50 AM
OMG!!! This has to be some of the BIGGEST BULL#$%@ I have ever read!!!...Trying to post my comment...

I guess I am ONE OF THOSE STUPID PARENTS....My son has not one ofthose things BUT 3 !!!!!!!!!. And by the way if you can have a SAFE race quad then you can plan on about $10,000 at LEAST for one. My son has gotten hurt MORE in our yard playing with the neighbors kids then he has racing...He plays football and races..thats what he lives for!It was totally his choice but since this is what HE wants to do it is the STUPID Parents that have to make them as safe as possible. I know that accidents happen. They could happen when your child is riding his bike around. Come on give it a rest. Have ANY of you complaining about this ever been to a race. Have ANY of you ever seen ALL THE PROTECTIVE GEAR that these kids wear. Our son knows each and every time he gets on his quads he HAS to wear his helmet. ITS CALLED REASPONABILTY PEOPLE!!!

Ok so Number 3 is retired and in the basement..they didn't need to know that...lol