PDA

View Full Version : CR500 linkage

miles Machine
10-03-2008, 10:27 AM
whsts the benafit to using the cr500 linkage

racerx573
10-04-2008, 11:43 AM
You can't just bolt it up, and no one makes frames for it fit a 450R. It was used primarily on aftermarket 250R frames, and 250R based frames that accepted dirt bike motors (hybrid frames).

However, I've seen where I believe it was Fischer modded a TRX450 frame to use a CRF450 linkage. If you think about it, dirt bike suspension is pretty advanced and works a lot better than stock ATV rear suspension.

This was probably the most common setup used in the past 15 years of racing or so.

yamadude71
10-04-2008, 05:40 PM
racerx you can answer everybody else but you cant answer me ?the guy that payed you over two weeks ago for the thumb throttle you never sent man that just beats all....
Originally posted by racerx573
You can't just bolt it up, and no one makes frames for it fit a 450R. It was used primarily on aftermarket 250R frames, and 250R based frames that accepted dirt bike motors (hybrid frames).

However, I've seen where I believe it was Fischer modded a TRX450 frame to use a CRF450 linkage. If you think about it, dirt bike suspension is pretty advanced and works a lot better than stock ATV rear suspension.

This was probably the most common setup used in the past 15 years of racing or so.

MX450
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
why would you want to go to all the trouble putting a cr500 linkage or a no link on a 450r when there are plenty of good rearends for it? Not bashing just sayin walsh, jb, lonestar ect all make great performing rear ends for the 450r, theres a reason they dont use a cr500, it wouldnt work as good as what they have come up with. Save yourself the trouble and HEADACHE and just get one of those. The Walsh savior is probly the closest to the cr500, as its desinged similar to a dirtbike linkage. But tons of people run the JB dual link as well and LOVE it!