PDA

View Full Version : Voice your oppinion on a new QOTM voting

TheFontMaster
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
There will be a new way of voting that I will be putting in place by the begining of the year. I know there was some controversy over this last month's contest, so here is a thread where you can brainstorm, and come up with ideas. I already got a thought in my head, but I'd still like to see what everyone else comes up with.

hornetgod13
10-03-2008, 03:27 AM
I suggest moderators and prior winners vote.

Pipeless416
10-03-2008, 11:27 AM
i agree with the above, or if that doesn't work, i think voters should be active, long time members. its too easy to get all your friends to create accounts just to vote.

<DRS>GPF
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i agree with the above, or if that doesn't work, i think voters should be active, long time members. its too easy to get all your friends to create accounts just to vote.

agreed..

perhaps a minimum post count should be considered.

maybe even a "patrons only" voting rule, thatll definitely sift out the one time posters..

Pipeless416
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
i think the patrons only idea would need to be sorted out 100% first. it seems like there are still quite a few people that have donated or bought atvriders.com merchandise that still have not been moved to patron status.

CADWELL
10-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I may not have a ton of posts here but I've been a member at this site for a little while and longer in others to know how the rules work.

What I mean is, just because my post count isn't the highest, I don't think that that should limit to where I can post or vote for QOTM for that matter.

Obviously this was a direct violation of the rules therefore that entry/member's quad should be eliminated from the contest and maybe a one week re-vote should take place for that month's entries or make the second place quad the QOTM.

AtvMxRider
10-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
it seems like there are still quite a few people that have donated or bought atvriders.com merchandise that still have not been moved to patron status.

And you won't because the Patron thing was from the previous owner of the site.

Pipeless416
10-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

im not concerned about it, but this is another good reason why that way can't be used.

<DRS>GPF
10-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

i wasnt aware that detail had changed...

well then, scratch that idea..

10-04-2008, 06:55 AM
having been through this as a moderator on another site, what we had come up with was you had to have x number of valid, on topic posts. we kept trying to improve upon this every month, but after a few months...qotm went by the wayside...and shortly after that, so did the traffic on the site...it is still around, just not nearly as busy as it once was

i was thinking of maybe having a panel of 101 or so members. obviously, the entrants cannot be on the panel and the panel would change every month. there would be a set of rules pm-ed to each panel member as to what they are to be judging the quad for, using the panel members personal point system.

each month could have special bonus point, that are known only to the fontmaster and the panel...for instance one month can be best aftermarket suspension. using this example, if someone has a full after market suspension, then they get 5 points for a full aftermarket, 3 points for revavles all around, 2 points for just front am and no extra points for a stock suspension. then the following month could be powdercoating, the following month could focus on graphics, etc etc. the special category would not be known to anyone other than the panel members and the fontmaster, until the winner is announced. any one revealing the special category will be taken off of the panel. each panel member only gets one vote.

Pro1200
10-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I say voters should have a certain amount of posts..

10-18-2008, 09:33 PM
I just think threads need to be monitored to make sure there isnt a topic trying to get everyone they can to vote for them. The votes should be by just looking at the thread and which you truely like best rather than because someone says they need your vote you vote for them.

Brauap
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM
:ermm: This sucks.. I really always enjoyed voting for a new member to be QOTM each month.. but I guess we blew that.. :(

I hear where "buttmusk" is comming from, but the idea is how do we know (not saying that you are) that your arn't an account just made to vote you know? With the post count thing.. it makes it impossible for anyone under a certain number.. i.e. 500/1000/1500/2000 ect. of posts not beable to post theirfore also making it impossible for anyone to make any aco****s for voting only.. do you see where where comming from?

This.. sucks. :(

Brauap
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I just think threads need to be monitored to make sure there isnt a topic trying to get everyone they can to vote for them. The votes should be by just looking at the thread and which you truely like best rather than because someone says they need your vote you vote for them.

This is good idea, but this won't make people stop making acconts for just voting only.. understand? :ermm:

powermadd400ex
12-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
:ermm: This sucks.. I really always enjoyed voting for a new member to be QOTM each month.. but I guess we blew that.. :(

I hear where "buttmusk" is comming from, but the idea is how do we know (not saying that you are) that your arn't an account just made to vote you know? With the post count thing.. it makes it impossible for anyone under a certain number.. i.e. 500/1000/1500/2000 ect. of posts not beable to post theirfore also making it impossible for anyone to make any aco****s for voting only.. do you see where where comming from?

This.. sucks. :(

buttmusk enters his yfz in the qotm regularly.
i agree with speedyquad's idea, that seems to be the fairest way, but will in fact require a little bit more work from mods/admins to pick out those 101 members.

CADWELL
12-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
buttmusk enters his yfz in the qotm regularly.
i agree with speedyquad's idea, that seems to be the fairest way, but will in fact require a little bit more work from mods/admins to pick out those 101 members.

I was clearly on my way to waiting the 3 months before posting the same quad unless it's a 450cc contest like the contest rules read, otherwise I would have entered my quad regularly like you acuse me of.

The only reason I waited 2 mons. instaed of the 3 was because I noticed that last month's QOTM (KFX) was entered in 2 consecutive months (Oct. & Nov.)...and won in Nov. ....

mxpimp2000
12-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
This is good idea, but this won't make people stop making acconts for just voting only.. understand? :ermm:

i agree some ppl have multiple accounts and cheat its never based on the quality of the quad or the pics anymore its if u got enough buddys to vote u in seems tht way to me cuz u see alot of junkers get way more votes than some tricked out mint quads

cmaxx
12-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
its never based on the quality of the quad or the pics anymore its if u got enough buddys to vote u in seems tht way to me cuz u see alot of junkers get way more votes than some tricked out mint quads X2:mad:

Drewltr450
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
i agree some ppl have multiple accounts and cheat its never based on the quality of the quad or the pics anymore its if u got enough buddys to vote u in seems tht way to me cuz u see alot of junkers get way more votes than some tricked out mint quads
x3

Drewltr450
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
How many total moderators are there on this site?

Pipeless416
12-09-2008, 02:17 PM

yes that is possible, but you can't disagree with nearly all of the winning quads on here. i tend to vote more for what i think has the most time and effort into it, not which one has the most bills.

hondaking52
01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
i say make it like a lottery, randomly pick like 50 people or watever and let them vote....then tht will weed out all of the ex lovers etc etc....

Bryson#221
04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
My vote always goes to the person that I felt did the most admirable work to their bike with the resources they had available.

I know that having this lifestyle means you generally have to have a decent, steady income. In racing especially, I have noticed it has turned more into "who has the flashier bike" than the next guy as opposed to just enjoying a day on the track.

I give more respect and attention to the people who made their dollars stretch farther and still ended up with an incredible machine. Sure, it's easy for a guy to win who's bringing in six figures, or is racking up a thousand credit cards, but for an average guy to turn an average bike into a racer- now that is worth giving credit to.

I've got a friend who has a million loans and is in debt up to his eyeballs doing mods to his 450. His bike looks good, yes, but anyone can swipe a card. My other friend, on the other hand, relentlessly searches Ebay and Craigslist for good deals and finds whatever his available funds can support. If it's broke, he fixes it. Sure, his bike doesn't look "as flashy" as my first friend's- but he's put more attention into his bike, learned to repair what needs repaired and made every dollar stretch...and it's a great looking quad!

Those are the bikes that get my vote :)