View Full Version : 525 Vs. 450

03pete
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I have been looking into getting a new atv and at my dealership theres a 525 IRS Outlaw and a 450. Both running at the same price but what's the difference in speed between the two? Also, compare the Outlaw to other atvs. Is it gona be the new IT atv or does it still fall behind others? I also plan on doing non-competative trail riding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sheriff525
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
We if your going to do any trail rides the IRS is the one to get. I have riden lots of quads and the 525 IRS is what i decided on. Hill climbs are 10x easier. Going over rough stuff is not going to kill you. You will notice a huge difference in how plush the ride is. Think of it as the Cadillac of quads.

As for speed, well it is pretty much right near the top. Add a pipe, filter, and jet kit and you will destroy all your buddies.

scuzz
10-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Trail riding and IRS were a match made in heaven.

After you get IRS and you land off camber, you 'll think: "that just saved my butt."

Clearance, technical climbs, launching and mud are all where you will really enjoy it. You'll notice it isn't as "flickable" as a solid rear axle, but this is quickly overcome with experiance and seat time.

600howhat
10-03-2008, 09:37 AM
well it really depends on what kinda riding you do. If your looking for something you can throw side ways, you ride some smooth trails and you do some track days then go with the SRA. I have a 450mxr and my brother has a 08 525s LE. We love both of them. The 525 is extremely quick. I dont really enjoy riding it in the trail because the front end is constantly off the ground. The 450 is a little more trail happy and just as fast in the trails if not faster then the 525. The 450 Revs really freely because of the smaller tires and comes with fox podium x's with the rezzis. (only the 525LE comes with the same shocks as the 450). But if your riding rough rocky terrain then get the IRS. Either ATV that you choose is going to be really fast. The ktm motor is simply awesome.

Evasiveone
10-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 600howhat
[B]...... I have a 450mxr and my brother has a 08 525s LE. We love both of them. The 525 is extremely quick. I dont really enjoy riding it in the trail because the front end is constantly off the ground.....

That is a good point about the 525S being nose light. I have heard from many owners of the 525S comment about that. The 525IRS has the battery out front in between the headlights and the 525S has the battery way out back in the back end, so the front end on the IRS stays planted a lot better than the 525S.