PDA

View Full Version : Good Trade? boots for pb gun

HondaEXrider22
10-02-2008, 06:50 PM
OK, I have a pair of Tech 3's which i have only one ride on them. They arent even broken in yet, but due to my limited riding time, esp. on the bike, i havent worn them. They have just been sitting since. My friend has a Tippmann 98 Custom paint ball gun which he wants to trade. He swears only one hopper has gone through the gun. Comes with 2 9oz tanks 2 200count hoppers and mask. Worth it?

Cliffnotes-
Basically brand new Tech 3's for basically brand new Tippmann 98 Custom gun straight up.

krt400ex
10-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
OK, I have a pair of Tech 3's which i have only one ride on them. They arent even broken in yet, but due to my limited riding time, esp. on the bike, i havent worn them. They have just been sitting since. My friend has a Tippmann 98 Custom paint ball gun which he wants to trade. He swears only one hopper has gone through the gun. Comes with 2 9oz tanks 2 200count hoppers and mask. Worth it?

Cliffnotes-
Basically brand new Tech 3's for basically brand new Tippmann 98 Custom gun straight up.

brand new 98 custom is around $150 and that comes with one 9oz and one 200 rnd hopper. a 9oz sells for like $13 new, and a hopper is not expensive(for the 98). idk wut a pair of tech 3s cost. but now you know about how to weigh the cost

gcart2
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
brand new 98 custom is around $150 and that comes with one 9oz and one 200 rnd hopper. a 9oz sells for like $13 new, and a hopper is not expensive(for the 98). idk wut a pair of tech 3s cost. but now you know about how to weigh the cost

i agree. i wouldnt make the trade. tell him to throw in 50 bucks.

Robin Hood
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
i agree. i wouldnt make the trade. tell him to throw in 50 bucks.

X2.

10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I wouldnt' even do it if he gave me the 98 for free.... Tippmann's are trash. The whole damn thing is plastic. If you want to get into paintballing buy an E-Tek EGO. Very good starter gun and you will not regret it. Tippmann's break very easily and are just all around garbage. I used to play D3 paintball on team Addicts.

CNC_guy
10-03-2008, 06:38 AM
I've been playing paintball for 15+ years and will put my Tippman markers up against anything out there as far as toughness and reliability. That being said, I like my 68 Carbine and Pro Lite better than my model 98. My Tippmans give me more time on the field as opposed to the other guys with other markers who are back in the safe zone working on their markers trying to get them to shoot.

10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by CNC_guy
I've been playing paintball for 15+ years and will put my Tippman markers up against anything out there as far as toughness and reliability. That being said, I like my 68 Carbine and Pro Lite better than my model 98. My Tippmans give me more time on the field as opposed to the other guys with other markers who are back in the safe zone working on their markers trying to get them to shoot.

You don't play tourney ball. :p I would put my '08 EGO up against your tippmann for reliability anyday. But playing tourney ball it's about 80 percent player and 20 percent gun. A bunch of guys and I at my old work (Pegleg Pro-Center) used to take some Karni-pumps to play because d6 are scared of other guns? Either way you get shot the same so it makes no sense to me... but w/e.

csr250r
10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
spring the 60 bucks and get an ion, i love mine if you want to get legit dont get a tippman 98, but if you wanna play woodsball ounce a year go for it.

i wouldnt trade the boots for that, you could probably find something better off the net.

10-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Ions are decent to start, yes... But you will out grow it very fast if you play tourney ball. It would be worth the extra $100 bucks to find an E-Tek

cmaxx
10-04-2008, 08:17 AM
i have a smartparts ion.its the best ive had,ive had about 6 difernt kind.its not as good a bushwacker though.

That400exGuy
10-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I got my 98 custom with 2 20oz tanks, hopper, mask, 16" barrel, 8.5" barrel, and double trigger for $120 brand new

CNC_guy
10-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Nova
You don't play tourney ball. :p I would put my '08 EGO up against your tippmann for reliability anyday. But playing tourney ball it's about 80 percent player and 20 percent gun. A bunch of guys and I at my old work (Pegleg Pro-Center) used to take some Karni-pumps to play because d6 are scared of other guns? Either way you get shot the same so it makes no sense to me... but w/e.

I called you out on a broad statement you made about Tippman markers. The statement that they are trash and mostly plastic is simply untrue.

You are right, I don't play tourney ball. Speedball with inflatables is just not my thing. If I were into that sort of thing I would have a different marker for sure. The couple of times I have played, it just seemed the concept was to spray and pray....quantity over quality of shot. My Tippmans will not shoot fast enough for that sort of play.

We play woodsball and the only thing we play for is pride. That doesn't make us any less of a paintballer than a tourney player. Again, when others are in the safe zone working on their markers, I'm still on the field with my Tippman. More times than not, my model 98 becomes a backup gun for someone else so they can make it through the day. To be honest, I never use the marker...I mostly use a Pro-Carbine. I crawl on the ground over rocks, bang it against trees, use it to get through briar patches and the thing just keeps on shooting. So yea, I'll put it up against any marker out there for toughness and reliability.

10-06-2008, 09:47 AM
It's not spray and pray. lol It's called holding a line. I.E.- Your in the 50 right dorito and there's someone on your guy in the back right, your guy needs to move to the center 20 to hold a better position... You rail the back right where the other guy is just next to his bunker so that he doesn't come out and shoot your guy while he's moving. Holding a line isn't spraying and praying, if he's dumb enough to come out while your lining on him that's his own fault. lol. But if you see someone poke out of the bunker next to him you move your line for a split second until he puts his head back behind the bunker, or you shoot him.... . Tourney ball is all team work.

wykyd450R
10-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I wouldnt' even do it if he gave me the 98 for free.... Tippmann's are trash. The whole damn thing is plastic. If you want to get into paintballing buy an E-Tek EGO. Very good starter gun and you will not regret it. Tippmann's break very easily and are just all around garbage. I used to play D3 paintball on team Addicts.

Almost 100% of that post is wrong!!

Tippmanns are anything but trash.

The 98 Custom is pretty much all metal. :rolleyes:

They dont break easily neither. They are about the most reliable marker available.

I have owned spiders, dragons, tippmanns and angels. When it comes to reliability, I'll take a tippmann anyday.

10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by wykyd450R
Almost 100% of that post is wrong!!

Tippmanns are anything but trash.

The 98 Custom is pretty much all metal. :rolleyes:

They dont break easily neither. They are about the most reliable marker available.

I have owned spiders, dragons, tippmanns and angels. When it comes to reliability, I'll take a tippmann anyday.

You're wrong buddy. Older 98's are metal but 06+ are plastic. I can't remember what they call the plastic but it breaks easily. And Spiders, dragons, tippmanns are garbage. Angel's are ify markers. They've had there good ones and horrible ones... less are good then bad when it comes to Angel. I'll stick with Eclipse... Only company that hasn't dissapointed me yet.

wykyd450R
10-06-2008, 04:12 PM
You're wrong buddy. Older 98's are metal but 06+ are plastic. I can't remember what they call the plastic but it breaks easily. And Spiders, dragons, tippmanns are garbage. Angel's are ify markers. They've had there good ones and horrible ones... less are good then bad when it comes to Angel. I'll stick with Eclipse... Only company that hasn't dissapointed me yet.

Well, I been out of ballin' a few years, so if they changed the 98's body in the past few years, I wouldnt know. Guess I was wrong. I have no idea why they would do something like that. I guess to make em cheaper. As I said, you will NEVER find a more reliable marker than an older tippmann 98c. Mine never gave me any troubles, neither did my a5.

wykyd450R
10-06-2008, 04:28 PM
As for the 98's being plastic....Ya might want to read up, as they are still aluminum.

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/markerDetails.aspx?categoryid=13

K-Dub
10-07-2008, 03:28 AM
He is right the 98s are still aluminum as are the A5 and Alpha black series. The X7 is made of magnesium. Now they make the Trimuph that has 98 internals with a plastic body that they have made for a couple years. It is cheaper than the 98. Tippmann markers are the AK47s of paintball, they may not shoot the fastest (you can get 25 to 30 balls a second with cyclone up grades and an Egrip out of the A5 and X7) may not be the most accurate, but they are dependable. And as far as the X7 they do look the coolest, show me a space gun that can be made to look like a SCAR Mk.16 Mod 0, M4 SOPMOD, HK Ump 40, and other looks also. Ive played for over 15 years and owned a bunch of guns- ICD, ATS, Auto cockers, AutoMags, Splatmasters, Smart Parts, Spyders, Brass Eagle (I was a newb at one point) and Tippmanns. For along time I didnt like Tippmanns, thought like you did, fought the fancy guns that shot faster and had more bells and whistles. Bought my first Tippmann and never looked back but once and learned my leason and was back to Tippmann in less than 2 months. I wouldnt trade my X7 for anything else out there. Yes I play woodsball.

As far as the trade- no not even up anyways, i would tell him about $75.