PDA

View Full Version : just got huevos5

tants
12-10-2002, 05:32 PM
it gets my 2 thumbs up. its so sick. i got the dvd version, you can pick between the org. soundtrack, alternative, or wes will talk you through it. the music was pretty good. you can tell it well well edited and well thought out. there is mostly freestlye footage, but cross country (at jackfrost), muddin, and some mx'in in the film. its a big step up from huevos 4. the tricks they do is sick!
they even metioned jon guetters (sp?) name a few times
i would deff get the dvd version!

:D

Foxrage
12-10-2002, 06:56 PM
I have to agree. I just found mine today on the porch. The damn fedex lady hid it from i was pist!!!! It is i think a little over edited. I like the old ones becuase they were plain and simple all quads no special ****. The jump shoots are way quick its hard to think as fast they show it. Although some ****y editing in my opinion the tricks were sick. I have to hand it to em lots of new freestyle.
all and all a good and new movie to watch. They need better tracks too.

12-10-2002, 06:58 PM
wait he doesnt narrate the whole thing does he? cuz that would be supergay

tants
12-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
wait he doesnt narrate the whole thing does he? cuz that would be supergay

no. on the dvd version you can pick in the beggining if you want the org. soundtrack, an alternative one, or have wes talk you through. you pick. comprenda?

Knight440
12-11-2002, 07:29 AM
DVD is the way to go!!!!!! extra clips are wild:cool: and the option for sound tracks was a good idea. :macho

300EX KING
12-11-2002, 09:31 AM
well at least you guys got to seen the damn thing. i ordered mine in october and it still not here.

Sportrax10
12-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Now i want it more then ever! Guess ill have to put it on my christmas list.
I like the idea of wes narrating. Ill prob try watching it like that a couple times. What good songs does it have?

Wired
12-11-2002, 10:47 AM
DVD is the only way to go these days... i didnt even know they made VHS yet :blah jk

wow zac, you have to be one of the only guys to ever spell my name right without seeing it spelled hahaa :macho

not only did you get my lastname right, you spelled my first name how i spell it! everyone uses an H in theirs, not me :D

tants
12-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars
DVD is the only way to go these days... i didnt even know they made VHS yet :blah jk

wow zac, you have to be one of the only guys to ever spell my name right without seeing it spelled hahaa :macho

not only did you get my lastname right, you spelled my first name how i spell it! everyone uses an H in theirs, not me :D

yesssss!

i wish they would of put more of the freestlye comp.
they did mention your name, some1 on the interviews said "ya some new kid name jon, i cant say his last name, but he was sick"

Jon, you plan on doing any more filming with wes?
how was he to work with??

its nuts, that 16 year old kid made it onto the bomb squad

Wired
12-11-2002, 12:03 PM
oh yea, i'll be working with wes alot in the future. it wasnt too dificult to work with him since it was just at a contest so there was no directing. im sure in a few weeks i'll head back out to cali to do some filming for the next movie and might do a magazine cover shoot with jon chandler up in massachutes (SP)

12-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Jon will you need me to come coach you again..;) :D

Wired
12-11-2002, 12:12 PM
wouldnt hurt, be sure to bring refreshments :eek: ;)

12-11-2002, 12:15 PM
wouldnt hurt, be sure to bring refreshments :eek: ;)

Well you don't know me real good but you didn't see me walkin around last time drinkin sody pops did ya..:devil

tants
12-11-2002, 01:55 PM
oh yea, i'll be working with wes alot in the future. it wasnt too dificult to work with him since it was just at a contest so there was no directing. im sure in a few weeks i'll head back out to cali to do some filming for the next movie and might do a magazine cover shoot with jon chandler up in massachutes (SP)

if your going to mass. ill come and visit :D

2qk4u
12-11-2002, 03:29 PM
how long is the running time on it?

Knight440
12-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Nasty250r

if your going to mass. ill come and visit :D

Yes Jon if you come this way be sure and let us know :cool:

J25
12-11-2002, 04:48 PM
how much does the dvd cost... where can u buy it at

400exBro
12-11-2002, 05:44 PM
sweeeettt i can t wiat to get it....

i was thinking on the next vid, on the dvd, they should have a section where it has tuturials, like how to do heel clickers or simple stuff like, and go set up by kind of thing with vid. clips to help out..,.,..,,.., Or have Tim Farr or JJ do some basic training and things you should do on the mx to become a better racer and same with xc, i think it would be a big saling point, should take to wes about that there jon.,,.,.,.

lata

Bro

tants
12-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 2qk4u
how long is the running time on it?

about 43 minutes with the intro and ending.
it was shorter then the others...

QuadRacer041
12-12-2002, 01:47 PM
i just finished watchin my dvd version, and those tricks are sick!
quad freestyle is gettin outta control with these tricks there doin.
amazing!
one thing i didnt like was that to me, it seemed like it was too fancy as far as the editing goes, alot of special effects and weird reverse action stuff. i would just rather see straight ahead ridin not this crazy back and fourth stuff.alot of real close up shots too.

how do you guys feel about the editing?

tants
12-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by quad041
i just finished watchin my dvd version, and those tricks are sick!
quad freestyle is gettin outta control with these tricks there doin.
amazing!
one thing i didnt like was that to me, it seemed like it was too fancy as far as the editing goes, alot of special effects and weird reverse action stuff. i would just rather see straight ahead ridin not this crazy back and fourth stuff.alot of real close up shots too.

how do you guys feel about the editing?

ya way to much editing! in the begg. you could barley see quads, only clips of them, it would switch segments so long. the revese segments kinda got outta hand...
anyway the helicoptor views were sick!