PDA

View Full Version : Ged

400EXtreme
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Anyone take their GED? If so how was the test?

10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
did mine online. but some company's/jobs wont accept online ged. really havent found anyone who dont but ive heard people dont. cost me 120$ and was quiet easy. even though the gf helped me. they dont no that

400EXtreme
10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah i think i am going to be taking mine aprilish.

450raider
10-02-2008, 04:07 PM
mine costed $60 4 years ago locally, and while it wasnt really that hard it was time consuming..... anyway many places around here wont hire people with ged's because theyve overshot the education requirement and local "merchants" (nice word for nutjobs) are scared to death your gonna come in with your almighty ged and do a corporate takeover (question me not im the one living it)

Mxjunkie
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
If you do get one make sure its a Goverment backed g.e.d incase you want to go to a school, that way you can get student aids and they will back it, your local school district should have a intermediate unit that will offer g.e.d test prep courses and g.e.d testing.

Warnerade
10-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
even though the gf helped me. they dont no that

and you wonder why some companies dont accept it...

mxpimp2000
10-02-2008, 04:11 PM
mine was free haha government pays for it the first time if u pass it but each additional test cost you money

10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
and you wonder why some companies dont accept it...

It was a joke learn to laugh

mxpimp2000
10-02-2008, 04:16 PM

:D :D :D

400EXtreme
10-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
If you do get one make sure its a Goverment backed g.e.d incase you want to go to a school, that way you can get student aids and they will back it, your local school district should have a intermediate unit that will offer g.e.d test prep courses and g.e.d testing. yeah thats what im doing. thanks everyone for the responses.

trick450r
10-03-2008, 07:18 AM

sometimes its hard to pick up on humor out of text. I thought you were just stupid also.

10-03-2008, 08:06 AM
hey internet tuff guy of the day

tim colston
10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
hey internet tuff guy of the day

Hey we aren't the ones who has the get their GED. Why couldn't you get your diploma? High school was easy all you had to do was show up. No ones being a internet tough guy but you, hopefully you can bash better than you can learn.

10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Way to judge. I was fine in school I had alot of other problems going on where school wasn't on top of my list. I fell to far behind where staying in school was pointless. So i left and got my GED. GED these days are fine. You can get a government job on a GED. My father makes over 150g on a GED. my aunt makes close to 110 on a GED. So before you judge someone hear there story. I learn just fine. Its stupid people like you that wont make it in this world.

I have yet to see a problem with a GED in the working industries. Maybe if you want a job that you sit behind a desk miserable your life. But nothing i want to do with my life requires a Diploma. And welding and mechanic school will accept anything. And book smarts are not going to help me with any of my career choices. I'm a hands on man. Dont get me wrong there's lot of book work in mechanic and welding school. Thats just not the point here.

10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I've been thinking about getting my GED... I know a couple people that have taken it and they're doing the same work and stuff as my friends with there Diploma's.... My mom want's me to get my Diploma but I just don't see what the difference is. I hate school so rediculously much.. I don't know why. I want to go to UTI though. I think I would be good at UTI because it's all hands on and you don't have to take english, etc. etc.

tim colston
10-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Way to judge. I was fine in school I had alot of other problems going on where school wasn't on top of my list. I fell to far behind where staying in school was pointless. So i left and got my GED. GED these days are fine. You can get a government job on a GED. My father makes over 150g on a GED. my aunt makes close to 110 on a GED. So before you judge someone hear there story. I learn just fine. Its stupid people like you that wont make it in this world.

I have yet to see a problem with a GED in the working industries. Maybe if you want a job that you sit behind a desk miserable your life. But nothing i want to do with my life requires a Diploma. And welding and mechanic school will accept anything. And book smarts are not going to help me with any of my career choices. I'm a hands on man. Dont get me wrong there's lot of book work in mechanic and welding school. Thats just not the point here.

I will not waste my time with words you won't understand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Warnerade
10-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
I will not waste my time with words you won't understand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm gonna have to agree with tim here...

walsh, good luck makin 150g on a job that doesnt require anything but a ged, more power to you.

10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
So your going to get a great job on just a diploma? You wont get a better job with a diploma then i would on a GED. We can both get into the same colleges and that's where it counts. GED these days is just as good as a diploma. There are ALOT of success full people on a ged out there. diploma means crap? I bet you got a diploma now and doing what? making 10bucks a hour cleaning bathrooms?

Warnerade
10-03-2008, 03:46 PM
So your going to get a great job on just a diploma? You wont get a better job with a diploma then i would on a GED. We can both get into the same colleges and that's where it counts. GED these days is just as good as a diploma. There are ALOT of success full people on a ged out there. diploma means crap? I bet you got a diploma now and doing what? making 10bucks a hour cleaning bathrooms? I dont feel like getitng into it.

so yes, I make less than 10 bucks an hour cleaning bathrooms...im cleaning bath roms as we speak actually

Wills77
10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
im going to get my ged this fall. schools just not for everyone. all the kids i knew in school loved trash talking about me signing out and now there the same ones that are jealous of everything i have. i would rather be working full time making money like i am now than one of those kids that wake up bummed every single day about having to go sit in a class room.

mxpimp2000
10-03-2008, 03:52 PM
yall are gettin ignorant over a damn GED,i dont think it matters whose got what because if u know ppl u can get a job making 20-30 dollars an hour without either one of those,but i do know walshy aint hurtin for money trust me kids loaded with money!!:D

Ryan
10-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, this didn't need to turn into a pointless agruement.

GED's are just about as good as a highschool diploma now a days.

I got my GED a couple of years ago. Due to getting in trouble, being a dumbass, and personal issues going on at the time, highschool didn't work out.

The GED test was pretty simple, as long as you have common sense. Just about everything is multiple choice, besides the writing essay and one section of the math. But all the answers are right in the questions. They even gave us all the formula's for the math equation's.

I ended up with one of the highest scores in the class..... However, some of my friends didn't do so well :o

Be patient, read everything carefully, and you should do ok.

450raider
10-03-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah theres always gonna be folks with diplomas saying ged's are worthless just like theres always gonna be people with ged's saying theyre the exact same..... it really all depends on the employer (and in the south what relation you are to him, no her buisness owners yet maybe in another 30 years) like me i po'ed ALOT of people in school so as soon as i turned 18 and got my ged it didnt matter all their elders sacked me before the play even got off the ground...... no one diploma is worth more than a ged (unless your one of those hoodlums that was in highschool for 8 years and graduated give yourself a pat on the back)...... but its all mainly the employer!! remember that

400EXtreme
10-04-2008, 10:21 AM
yeah i went yesterday and took my practice test. it was basically half of the real test and i did very good.