PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this thing now?

450raider
10-02-2008, 02:44 PM
well 2008 has been a pretty sorry year for my 250ex........ first we get a ticking noise, take care of it..... then a white smoke, upon tinkering with my "trusty" honda i now find it wont even start, ill explain,

ive got a white smoke problem and then all i do is mess with it a bit only taking this thing called a head valve cover off and replacing the metal seal under it but when i go to start it you hear the starter kicking but the motor never really picks up on it, so what could i have really messed up on?

thanks

dirtdawg
10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
i was adjusting my valves yesterday and found that if you have your valves too loose, the enigne will not pick up on it. try re-checking your valves and then let me know. is your battery alright? how about yor timing? that would be the most logical thing if if won't start and ur valves are alright.

450raider
10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
yeah everything is fine (except for the white smoke, it started and ran fine), all i did was take that cover off and replace that metal seal and put it back together then thats when this happened so what might i have overlooked when putting the cover back on? oh and i noticed when i tried to start it and give it gas i got a kinda kickback feeling in the throttle...

thanks