PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Advice

musky
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
My son has a Can Am ds90x & we are having trouble keeping the belt from shredding. We have had it in the shop 5 times to fix the problem. They fixed it under warranty 4 times but can am is saying the warranty has expired. The 1st time it completly destroyed the belt & melted the rollers. The dealer installed a new belt & new front varieter & face plate. At the time we were running a koso delta adjustable clutch & posi grip clutch housing. Since then it has twice stripped the splines off of the face plate. They dealer replaced all of the partsunder warranty. The last problem that we had it shredded the belt & flat spotted the rollers. We were running the stck clutch & this still happened.

The quad also has a koso exhaust & cdi.

HELP!!!!

10-02-2008, 09:06 AM
you may need a spacer shim on the variator your pulleys may not be in perfect line or something is sticking since you have changed the variator it was replaced right or it could be in the rear pulley the rear spring might be to tight are you using a kevlar belt? if you are IMO dont use them if you are its a total mess if they shreadbelieve me i know. my brass bushing in the front variator went out and it took me a hour to clean up the mess i used it 10 minutes and paid 60.00 for it waste.

musky
10-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Not using a Kevlar belt just a stock bando belt. It has happened with the aftermarket rear clutch & spring & stock clutch & spring.

Nichols Atvs
10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Load Quad on the back of truck . Drive to a tall cliff. Back up , put tail gate down, undo straps . Get back in truck . STOMP on throttle and dont look back . Call insurance company . Drive to nearest DRR dealer and order new quad . Go Home sit back in recliner open can with right hand and grab remote in left. Relax and wait for new quad to arrive. Sucks being fustrated.:ermm: :ermm: