PDA

View Full Version : machine shop screw up?

jeepthing07
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I had HD studs put in my 400ex jug and i tried to slide the head on an one of the studs is offset slightly to one side. It's hitting the head by like maybe 0.020. can this just be egged out? anyone else have this happen? what do i do?

jeepthing07
10-02-2008, 11:28 AM
anyone?

exrider87
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
well that really sux, I'm not sure what to tell ya. I would try to have someone pull on the two studs opposite each other and see if you can get the head to slide on. I dont think it would be a problem to oval out the whole but i personally would be nervous about it.:(

boosted3g
10-02-2008, 05:37 PM
I would take it to the machine shop and show them the problem and they can offer a way to fix it. If you feel that it is minor (which i beleive) maybe they will enlarge the hole stud hole and take care of the problem free of charge. I dont think it will effect the clamoing of the stud but it should fit. Things happen though.

leasureryan
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
I've seen it several times now on HD studs. Don't know why they can't get it perfect. You should be able to pull it in to get it to go through the head though. You shouldn't have to modify it

jeepthing07
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
uhhhhhhhg it just makes me sick.... I thought i would have these installed to prevent a problem and it just caused another one. idk what i'm going to do anyone want to buy a EX cheap?

Ruby Soho
10-03-2008, 07:56 PM
mine lined up perfect..

Groves187
10-03-2008, 08:39 PM
It really could be a number of things, A: the Stud didn't go in straight. or B: the drill didn't fallow the whole and now the stud is off. The tap coule have even went in at a slight angle throwing it off. I would bring it back to the shop that did it and have them take a look. you could even take a rotary file to it and egg the whole just enough to get it back together.

Nick

jeepthing07
10-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I called them they said the stud was probably not 100% straight. So... should i call GT Thunder and see if they will send a replacement or stick a piece of pipe over the one sticking out of the jug and try to bend it back a little bit or smack it with a rubber mallet?