PDA

View Full Version : timing

Rogers700
10-01-2008, 08:12 PM
hey guys! hope ya'll have been well! one of my buddies has an 07 400ex and he flipped it and it jumped the timing. he dont have the money to buy a manual so i can figure out the timing on it so is there a free online manual or could any of you explain to me how it goes??? thanks for any info.

guinness77
10-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Make sure the engine is at TDC. When the engine is at TDC the cam lobes should face down. Always rotate the fly wheel counter clockwise.

You're going to have to go into the engine to find out what's really going on. There is probably more than that going on. Check the chain tensioner, the sliders, the upper cam sprocket, the lower cam sprocket, etc., etc.

There's gonna be some damage somewhere. Better get ready for a minimum bill of $100.00. Say $300 to be safe. If there's any serious damage, the sky's the limit.

I cannot say this next bit loudly enough.
Get a clymer manual. 25$ now will save you thousands in the future.

Rogers700
10-02-2008, 10:31 PM
okayy and i hope there aint that kind of damage. already rebuilt the engine on my 700 rappy twice this year in a month... and the clymer manuals at my local dealer are $70.. but max pitts is a ripp off. thanks man