PDA

View Full Version : looking 4 case saver

hecker1
10-01-2008, 11:59 AM
i've been looking for a case saver for my Warrior motor . but i'm not looking for one of those o.e.m. piecies of crap. they don't work !!!!! any one have any ideas? manufactures? :D and i've already talked to Noss race manufacturing.

hecker1
10-02-2008, 04:03 PM
so nobodies got any ideas? :confused:

atvnut22
10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
modquad, pro design,and moose are pretty good and you can get all of them at rockymountainatv.com

hecker1
10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
thank you, but i've called and checked all those companies. to tell you the damn truth i'm kinda ticked off! well didn't Yamaha sell those quads for almost 20 years. W.T.F.? :confused: it seems like when the 450s. came out, they just through out the old designs....it sounds like i'm going to have to sit downwith a machinist and have a couple made :D

atvnut22
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
got to rockymountainatv.com and click on drive and they'll be their

hecker1
10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
where at ? under what heading?

hecker1
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
never mind i found it, i'll call tommorow, thanks

fx4pitrone
10-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Speaking of case savers, anyone know where to get one for an Lt250r??? 1988.....

hecker1
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
i just talked to the guys out at Noss machine. and there were not any ltr 250r case savers. sorry man! and Rocky mtn. they didn't have any

atvnut22
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
idk then, just keep lookin aroubd, if worst comes to worst just go to a machine shop and have em make one on a cnc, it would take to much to make, and you could engrave anything you want on it

guinness77
10-04-2008, 01:55 PM
There's something else that bears mentioning here. When I got a case saver (Moos works) and installed it. There was about 1.5 millimeters clearance between the chain and the saver. I thought that was cool. It looked really good and I figured if the chain snapped the protection would be a bit better. However, I didn't realize that during rapid de-celleration the chain will rise off the front sprocket. The chain was hitting the case saver during rapid de-celleration.

Then... one day... It came time to replace the chain and sprockets. I pulled the chain and saw the damage to the case saver. No problem... right? WRONG! When I put on the new front sprocket the sprocket was extremely loose. It would wobble as much as 3 mm side to side. Even when I'd tighten it down it still wobbled.

So I grinded the case saver down a bit and the "hitting" problem went away, but the front sprocket was still loos as all get-go.

I figure the chain was bouncing off the saver and going back against the crank the front sprocket was attached to. Eventually I had the engine apart for transmission work and decided to replace the crank.

Still no sign of any problems.