PDA

View Full Version : TIRES? do u need to get them pre-mounted

BullySpeedFreak
12-10-2002, 04:15 PM
I got my 600 dollar 250X runnin and come to find I have 2 flat tires, so I am saying for teh snow and what else comes my way I should get some new tires! well well , I have a question, can u put quad tires on by using tire irons , and some 15 year old muscle? or could I bring them to school and actually use a realy car tire machine just set it up so it breaks the bead but doesn't scratch the alloy wheel. Because right now I have 300 bucks to get new tires new front plastic new swinga rm and bearing housing , I am not saying all new some used hopefully but. please answer my post so I can see if I can use some brute strength to put on some new tires?

Thanks dave

phatswinn
12-10-2002, 04:52 PM
i would say it would be eisier to just take them to school, the stock tires are glued on the rims and its a pain in the arse, theres a thread about this just do a search under changing tires or something common to that its very imformative

Str8Wicked
12-10-2002, 05:09 PM
jUST PUT WATER AND SOAP ON THE TIRES... Mark where they are leaking with a chalk or something. Go to your local dealer and buy a flat repair kit for 6.00 which comes with the rubber patches, the glue, and a screw driver looking thing to push in the patch. I used that on my 400 tires and haven't had a leak since.

If the tires are gone and need replacing it will be easier buying the rim and tire....