PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on a BRAND NEW 2006 Polaris 50 2stroke for $1200

86trizinger
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Well I have been looking for a bike for my 4yr old to start out on. We went into the local dealer and found one he can actually fit on. IT is a 2006 Polaris 50cc 2-stroke. Brand new and has the warranty on it still.. I can buy it out the door for 1200 cash..only extra would be if I wanted to extend the warranty past 6months.. ANy feed back on this would be great.

qcitytile
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
My nephew had a 05 50cc predator and it was a nice bike. $1200 with warranty is a great buy. Its hard to find a used 50 for that kind of price. The bad thing with them is if you decide to race there no suspension mods for them short of making them yourself. My nephew went all over with his until he wanted to race then we went to a older model scrambler 50. Any ways I think thats a steal at $1200

86trizinger
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
This is one of the few ATV's he can reach all the controls on..
He usually has to let go of the handle bar totally to pull the brake him. This seems to fit him prefectly..

This is with the risers for his feet on it.. He is very small for his age but is very ahead on his motorskills.. he can do things my 8 yr old is just learning to do. He looks less then 3.

If he does race it eventually I will fab the parts up with a few of my friends that do custom fab for a living.

MXfun
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Great starter quad for that price. In a year or two you could unload it not lose too much. We did exatly that, but fortunately at four years old he raced the predator for one year in a class without "race quads". DRR, Apex, etc.

Do not try to modify the predator to compete with out of the box race quads (DRR, Apex). Sell the predator and buy a new DRR when you think he is ready.

Been there....done that....