PDA

View Full Version : looking to get a ltr 450 need help

xplioo
09-30-2008, 07:34 PM
im thinkign about trading my 07 400 ex in for a ltr 450 how is the trail riding on thes and how dose it handle

QUADSQUAD7
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.

Robin Hood
09-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Little wide for tighter trails but some 4-1 offset wheels and z400 rear hubs will pull her in a bit. Handling is great, specially over whooped out sections. And for power, remove the baffle and airbox lid, and buy the 20$ Cherry Bomb and she'll waken right up. :D

ohio-racer-113
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
i love my ltr no problems yet i love how it handles its way better then that 400 ex thats for sure GO FOR IT MAN YOU'll lOVE IT

KingpinsEx
10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
My LTR runs fine in the woods, but that is because I have 9 inch rims with 22in tires on the back. Stock however, you would have to be crazy to run it in the woods. I know alot of people do it, but a friend of mine has destroyed rims doing so. Not to mention the weak skid plate, its real easy to bottom out and/or smash your rear brake rotor. The LTR handles great due to its width but definetly gets tight in spots. If you are looking for a great trail quad with 450 power I would say a Honda would be your best bet. The honda is designed for the trails, geometry wise and the bottom end is much more trail friendly than the LTRs powerband. However if you got the extra money to swap out the rear rims immediately along with purchasing a skid plate, it may be a viable option. Don't get me wrong I love my LTR, but if I was looking for a woods only quad the Honda would be at the top of my list.