PDA

View Full Version : ahhh... chili soup time...

<DRS>GPF
09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
i love this time of year... cool evenings around the fire pit.. hot, spicy bowl of chili..

ive noticed in my travels that chili, like may dish's, can be very different depending on the territory..

i live in mid-illinois and the chili ive grown up to know is red pepper spiced and thick... lots of beans, beef and sometimes macaroni..

when i last had chili in jersey it seemed more like a thin stew, not much spice, but alot of skinned tomatoes..

i recall when i last had chili in n. carolina it was really, really spicy, but very thin.. like the barbeque..

when in louisiana it looked similar, but was seasoned with tabasco.(and some people dont know when to stop adding tabasco..eww, it was like eating fuel)

whats chili like from where youre from?
and what are youre experiences with other dish's?(goulash, barbeque, etc.)

250r rider 88
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
im from indiana and this is what goes into mine:

beef
macoroni
red peppers
green peppers
onions
alot of chili powder

simple and gets the job done=best chili

416exfreak
09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Venison sausage
Chili beans
Chili powder
LIBERAL amounts of Tabasco
Saltines.

And your preferred beverage :devil:

Quad18star
09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
We make ours pretty thick.

Lots of crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, hamburger meat , a few chili peppers, spices, etc

I'm not a fan of super hot chili .... I just like something that has a little kick to it. Serve it with fresh bread or garlic bread ... MMM MMM MMM !!!

We usually pack it in a thermos and take it with us when we go out ice fishing . Nothing better than a little chili to warm you up.

Ralph
09-30-2008, 09:26 PM
My favorite chilli is real spicy and has a big spoon of sour cream in it.

I tried cream cheese in my chili the other day (got the idea from taco dip) and it was actually really good.

Im not gonna bother talking about how to make the chili though 'cause if my mother didn't make it it isn't worth talking about.

blacknblue#2
09-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Southern ohio here, We like ours kinda think, pretty spicy, alot of beans and beef. Always got plenty of crackers and peanut butter sandwiches. Sometimes pimento cheese sandwiches and i always like mine covered in shredded cheese

10-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Macaronni? I'm affraid your confusing chili with chili mac. Chili is best when it is really really thick. Something you could butter bread with almost.

Quad18star
10-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Southern ohio here, We like ours kinda think, pretty spicy, alot of beans and beef. Always got plenty of crackers and peanut butter sandwiches. Sometimes pimento cheese sandwiches and i always like mine covered in shredded cheese

Peanut Butter sandwiches with chili ?!?!?! :huh

I think I'm about ready to up-chuck my Cherrios . LOL

csr250r
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Yea shredded cheese on top of chili, try using crushed fritos instead of crackers its pretty good.

Pipeless416
10-01-2008, 11:40 AM
every Columbus Day weekend, my family and a group of others goes camping and one of the nights is designated "chili night." every family makes their own recipe of chili, and then they're all combined into a big pot. its delicious! of course theres noodles, cheese, crackers, and sour cream to go with it. its all basically midwestern style too, since everybody is from north eastern illinois.

smr
10-01-2008, 01:13 PM
around hear it's thick and lots of beans and maters. Usually served with pemento chease sandwiches.

Macoroni in chilli.....:eek: .......that don't sound good at all.

10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
i have to be the only one who doesent like chili.

10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
i have to be the only one who doesent like chili.

noob

Kickstarts-suck
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
yummmm chili

I would love some right now. Been sick and chili sounds great!

Might go to Wendys in a min :p

631kfx400
10-01-2008, 04:06 PM
there would be a thread about chili

10-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
there would be a thread about chili

kdjfs i hate that "saying" so much. My friend always says "you would say ...." after I say something. OF COURSE I WOULD SAY IT, I JUST SAID IT!:mad:

Nick110
10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
kdjfs i hate that "saying" so much. My friend always says "you would say ...." after I say something. OF COURSE I WOULD SAY IT, I JUST SAID IT!:mad:

haha me too man. I cant stand it when people say it. I just look at them after they say it and say, " I want to punch you in the face."

ricksmx865
10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Peanut Butter sandwiches with chili ?!?!?! :huh

I think I'm about ready to up-chuck my Cherrios . LOL

PB sandmichez with chili is the best, heck thats even how our hs searved it... must be an indiana thing

i like mine with macaroni in it, couple PB sandwiches, some cheese and crackers

man im hungry now :devil:

250r rider 88
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
yup i think its an indiana thing,

chili day was my favorite day of the week at school (food wise anyway)

Warnerade
10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
haha me too man. I cant stand it when people say it. I just look at them after they say it and say, " I want to punch you in the face." you would say something like that, wouldnt you?:rolleyes:

Nick110
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
you would say something like that, wouldnt you?:rolleyes:

I want to punch you in the face.

Warnerade
10-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I want to punch you in the face. i knew would say that.

10-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
i knew would say that.

no no no. to that, you would respond. "You would punch me in the face"

631kfx400
10-02-2008, 01:50 PM
haha exactly