PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to get..

oleboy87
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
well ima bout to get new bars but im torn on what i want to get.. in looking at tapers Se and contour but still undecided.. i want something higher than what i have now.. but when i look at the specs between the 2 why are they different measurements for the same atv high..

Pipeless416
09-30-2008, 06:12 PM
i can't really answer your question about the different specs, but i can tell you that i wish i would have gotten contours instead of my se's. they're both great bars, but i think the cross bar design makes the se's a little bit too rigid and they translate more feedback to the rider.

oleboy87
09-30-2008, 06:20 PM
yeaaaa i want to get the contours but i was looking at the mesurements and i read that the stock bars are 142 and the contours do not go much higher than that but the se's do.. im soooooo lost on all this but i need to order tonight so that i can have them for 2 weekends from now.. PLEASE HELP..

09-30-2008, 06:34 PM
rox 2" riser and you can get quite a few 1-1/8" bars to be either lower, the same, or higher than stock.

oleboy87
09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
great.. i think thats what im going to do because i like the renthals i have now except that they are not tall enough.. now just have to decide what how high im going to need.. anyone have any pics?

Rkangel7
09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I've been using Pro-Taper SE ATV mid bends for a few months. I've been happy with them so far. To me, just by comparison, the mid bend is close to stock height. If I was to do it again I'd probably get the the high bend, just because I'm tall. Other than that, the bars have been comfortable, even after long rides, and have been holding up well to the abuse they have received from me.

I'm not sure about the different specs other than the contours appear to use the 1" bar clamps. Maybe the taper requires different bends?

oleboy87
09-30-2008, 07:04 PM
well what throws me off is i bought my 400 with renthal bars and i have no idea on which ones they are so im scared to spend all that money and not like them so what i think im going to do is get those rox's risers so that i can set them to what feels comfortable to me.. can you send me some pics with those tapers on..

powermadd400ex
09-30-2008, 07:06 PM
i have contours on my old quad and love them. im 6foot and they fit me jus fine. not to low or not to high. only thing ill buy over my contours are fasst bars

oleboy87
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
looking for pics... how tall are your contours?

Rkangel7
09-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by oleboy87
well what throws me off is i bought my 400 with renthal bars and i have no idea on which ones they are so im scared to spend all that money and not like them so what i think im going to do is get those rox's risers so that i can set them to what feels comfortable to me.. can you send me some pics with those tapers on..
I had similar questions about the height. There was a thread around here that showed a few pictures of Pro-Taper bars, including the SE ATV high bend. That may help for some comparison.

Found it:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355774&highlight=protaper

justin1022
09-30-2008, 11:05 PM
just buy some fat bars. if you dont like them i will buy them from you for 3/4 price and then buy somthing new. im always in for new bars there is only one real way to find out if there your style/length/size and thats to try them but unfortenetly you cant just try them you must buy them first ha.

powermadd400ex
09-30-2008, 11:15 PM
heres pic of them on my 250