PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors

Gray33
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Atvriders,

Alright, i have made the choice of making my yfz race readyy for the next race seasons. I am wondering who would sponser someone who has never raced before>? And where do i go to get sponsors at?

thanks

Gr4y

Nick110
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
You have to go to the bank first and get a Sponsor Forum. Its blue and you either get the A, B, C forum depending on what class you plan on racing. Then fill it out and bring it back to the bank. Then they will give you a certified rider card. With that you can just send that card to any company you would like to get sponsored by and hope for a response back.

Good Luck man, it worked for me to get sponsors when I didnt race too.

Gray33
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
would like peoples bank do something like that? like what kind of bank you have to go to and what you say to them there

Nick110
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
would like peoples bank do something like that? like what kind of bank you have to go to and what you say to them there

Ya they should do it. My bank (M and T) said that most banks will have the forum on hand. Just ask them for the Blue Sponsor Forum. Then they will ask A, B, or C forum.

jesseweaver
09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
but if you are making your yfz race ready and change the plastics color, you wont want the blue form. get whatever color plastics you have or companies will think you have bad representation and most likely wont except you.

Gray33
09-30-2008, 08:45 PM
uh lol?

Keystone_Rider
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Jesse, are you saying that companies won't accept you if you still have the stock plastic colors? Are you trying to say that if one has aftermarket plastics, other companies will think that he/she has good representation?

Mxjunkie
09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Race a season without sponsors and do good then send your results to companys.. Peoples bank worked for me. ;)

Gray33
09-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Keystone_Rider
Jesse, are you saying that companies won't accept you if you still have the stock plastic colors? Are you trying to say that if one has aftermarket plastics, other companies will think that he/she has good representation?

keystone,

lol, Everyone on this site pretty much knows that i hate the bb editon plastic i am goin for either black plastic or yellow plastic

09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
sponsorhouse.com you can be sponsored for dickin around in your driveway lol thats no joke either. I knew a kid who just rode a few wheelies and thats allhe could do in his driveway and he was sponsored by a few companies on there. They just added more spaces now so thats a plus. before you could only send out or accept 5 sponsor applications. As of today they raised it to 15

trick250r
09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
hes right, go to the bank and get the blue sponsorship form for c class since youve never raced before. the best part about it is that the AMA has a deal with the FDIC banks that when you get the form they have to give you $100 to help buy a graphics kit with your sponsors name on it. a lot of people try it so sometimes they'll act like they have no clue what youre talkin about. dont settle for it. just keep sayin that you know how it works and youre not leavin without your form and your money. it worked for me man.

Keystone_Rider
09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Gray, i see what you mean. I remember you mentioning about your BB plastics before. I was confused for a second.

Pappy
09-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Just write" give me the money" on a small piece of paper and hand it to the teller as you wink and tell her your a racer.....bank people are so easy when it comes to this;) Dont let her say anything, just start talking like your a pro and tell her about the forms. You will be out of there in no time!

Keystone_Rider
09-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Trick, do you have to flash your AMA card to the bank just to prove you are into racing and looking for sponsorship?

Gray33
09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Just write" give me the money" on a small piece of paper and hand it to the teller as you wink and tell her your a racer.....bank people are so easy when it comes to this;) Dont let her say anything, just start talking like your a pro and tell her about the forms. You will be out of there in no time!

Ill tell the lady i know bb lol..

wont be lieing i got a bb edition quad

btw, so u just go to any bank and they all have them? i dont think many people in celina ohio are looking for sponsors

Robin Hood
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
Ill tell the lady i know bb lol..

wont be lieing i got a bb edition quad

btw, so u just go to any bank and they all have them? i dont think many people in celina ohio are looking for sponsors

That's what I thought too but I went down a few weeks ago and filled it all out. It's pretty neat, I never knew about it until my friends told me. Kinda mad that they went and filled out their's without me.:scary:

jesseweaver
10-01-2008, 04:53 AM

no im saying he has to get whatever color form his plastics are. they were telling him blue, but that could mislead him if he wants to change the plastics color

Quad18star
10-01-2008, 09:37 AM
We have the same type of system up here in Canada for sponsors also. You have to get the bank forms and fill them out then return them to the bank and they issue a card.

Anytime you pick up a new sponsor , you go to the bank and tell them the sponsors information ( Company name , address, etc) and they add the info to the card . So when you go to the sponsor's store , they swipe your Sponsor card which automatically takes the percentage( discount) off your purchase and it goes onto your banking records.

Just for signing up , our banks give $150 as a "Bank Sponsorship" .

Some of these banks will play dumb and say they don't offer the forms ... but that's not true ... by law they have to carry the forms and give them to you. They just hate giving them out because the $150 comes out of their pockets and is not reimbursed by the government.

A teller can get into a lot of trouble if they say they don't have the forms , so your best bet is to write your request down on a piece of paper and hand it to them. That way there when the bank manager comes over the teller can't say " He never said anything about the Sponsor Forms" <------ I've seen this happen SOOOO many times.

I just wrote my request on a crumpled up piece of paper I had laying in the truck ... short and simple " Please give me $150 as a sponsorship and include the forms"

Nick110
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Just wondering if you went yet because its been a while since ive gone and I wanted to know if everything is still the same. Last I heard they were working on getting it online so you can just fill it out online and then they mail you a card.

powermadd400ex
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
after i get a couple more races under my belt im definatly gunna try this bank thing.

hutchmx92
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
WHAT A HORIBLE THING TO DO MAN IM AM SO NOT HAPPY I HAVE MAILED OUT A MILLION REQUEST AND LOW AND BEHOLD I WAS WASTING MY TIME NOW I KNOW HOW TO PUT MY NEW RACE PACAGE TOGETHER FOR NEST YEAR , WHY WAS THIS SUCH A DAM SECRET ANY WAY ????? , THE BANKS ARE GETTING BETTER CUZ THE GOVERMENT IS GONNA PAY FOR IT NOW AWSOME YEAR ITS GONNA BE AWSOME :devil:

trick250r
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Trick, do you have to flash your AMA card to the bank just to prove you are into racing and looking for sponsorship?

i didnt have to... but then again this bank teller i went to was dumb as hell.

Benjithx
10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
We have the same type of system up here in Canada for sponsors also...

"Canadian Sponsors" Sounds like a disease :)

Scro
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Just be sure it's a actual bank and not a credit union. Credit unions usually have different stipulations, and will more than likely not have the forms on hand.

Quad18star
10-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Benjithx
"Canadian Sponsors" Sounds like a disease :)

It's what happens when you get in bed with America. ;)

XCRacer236
10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
IM TRYING THIS TODAY!!!
what exactly should i write on the piece of paper so i have proof?

Warnerade
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
IM TRYING THIS TODAY!!!
what exactly should i write on the piece of paper so i have proof? AMA number, date of birth, full name, mothers maiden name, district you race, class you race, mothers maiden name, and of course..your racing number

XCRacer236
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
AMA number, date of birth, full name, mothers maiden name, district you race, class you race, mothers maiden name, and of course..your racing number

i meant the paper i take to the bank to get the form. but alright.

05Z400rdr
10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Well now that the secret's out, who all got there's so far this year? I found out about this last year and did it, and that's how I got mine. My 09 card didn't come yet, hopefully within the next week.

Robin Hood
10-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Well now that the secret's out, who all got there's so far this year? I found out about this last year and did it, and that's how I got mine. My 09 card didn't come yet, hopefully within the next week.

09's should be on the way. I think within the next few weeks.

05Z400rdr
10-02-2008, 08:55 PM
What a relief...I was starting to get pretty worried..

trick250r
10-04-2008, 01:52 PM
i got mine in the mail already... gotta be on the ball when it comes to those forms.

onebadblazr
10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I went to fill out the forms and the teller mentioned earning "interest" on the sponsorship account...the more wins the better, guys

icepreddy
12-18-2008, 08:21 PM
This makes no sense what so ever to me. Why would the bank give me any money what so ever just cause i race quads? I've never heard of anything like this. Has anyone in wisconsin done this? So i just go to the bank and ask for sponsorship forms? is this a AMA deal? I don't run AMA sanctioned events.so?

icepreddy
12-18-2008, 08:28 PM
This makes no sense what so ever to me. Why would the bank give me any money what so ever just cause i race quads? I've never heard of anything like this. Has anyone in wisconsin done this? So i just go to the bank and ask for sponsorship forms? is this a AMA deal? I don't run AMA sanctioned events.so?

ProspectorJim
12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
so should I get these forms before my first season racing or should I get it after?

Nick110
12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
before

Lehr 110
12-19-2008, 06:50 AM
wow so i have never heard of this? like ever:confused:

quad2xtreme
12-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Lehr 110
wow so i have never heard of this? like ever:confused:

You're one of those guys who spend too much time practicing on the quad and not enough time on the net telling everyone how fast you are. :p

In North Carolina, the bank teller expects you to be wearing a mask when you submit your written request for sponsorship. It helps to let them know that you just aren't happy to see them but you are carrying protection (in your front pants pocket) for when you leave the bank with the sponsorship money. :D

icepreddy
12-19-2008, 06:32 PM
It would be a hole lot easier to figure this whole deal out if everyone didn't beat around the bush. saying to tell the ***** at the window to give you the money or to wear a mask, or carry protection. So whats the deal? the bank has a program nation wide set-up for AMA riders? is this a government deal? sounds about as messed up as the afro-american college fund. lol where's the caucasion cracken college fund? j/k

ProspectorJim
12-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by icepreddy
It would be a hole lot easier to figure this whole deal out if everyone didn't beat around the bush. saying to tell the ***** at the window to give you the money or to wear a mask, or carry protection. So whats the deal? the bank has a program nation wide set-up for AMA riders? is this a government deal? sounds about as messed up as the afro-american college fund. lol where's the caucasion cracken college fund? j/k

pretty sure this thing about the forms is a joke.

icepreddy
12-19-2008, 07:33 PM
i gathered that.