PDA

View Full Version : 05 trx450r bottom end cases!

esr250r86
09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi,I need the two bottom end crank cases for a 05 trx450r! i cracked mine on the left side,but I cant only buy one because they need to be the originally matched ones. All i need are the cases and I dont need anything inside. But PM me with what you have! I need this asap so please let me know if you have one and your price. Thank you guys.

pro-rider46
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
Hi,I need the two bottom end crank cases for a 05 trx450r! i cracked mine on the left side,but I cant only buy one because they need to be the originally matched ones. All i need are the cases and I dont need anything inside. But PM me with what you have! I need this asap so please let me know if you have one and your price. Thank you guys.

sorry for butting into your thread,but why must they be matched with the other one?

good luck with your purchase

esr250r86
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
They haved to be the original two because when they are made,they are cut and drilled, all the holes,precisely to match eachother, and through wear they work their way into eachother and kinda mold themselves. so another,non matching one would mold with the other...Get what i mean?

Honda5
09-30-2008, 06:34 AM
you might want to check into that a little more I have been building honda motors for over 20 years and that is not true. I know some of the suzuki and yamaha the cases are machined together. if this is true why would honda sell just one side. (I'm not trying to look like a *****, just trying to save you some $)

esr250r86
09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
you might want to check into that a little more I have been building honda motors for over 20 years and that is not true. I know some of the suzuki and yamaha the cases are machined together. if this is true why would honda sell just one side. (I'm not trying to look like a *****, just trying to save you some $)
Really? My mechanic that works on my quads said they are machined together along with another mechanic in town?

Im not mad, I thank you for the info and ill def look into it. cuz one is wayy cheaper than two!

So it is okay?....

pro-rider46
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
Really? My mechanic that works on my quads said they are machined together along with another mechanic in town?

Im not mad, I thank you for the info and ill def look into it. cuz one is wayy cheaper than two!

So it is okay?....

maybe your mechanic was hoping you bought them through him and was trying to get some extra cash.