PDA

View Full Version : Best video editing program?

quaddict53
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is the best video editing program I can download for free and where I can get it ? All I really need it to do is music, slow-motion, and transition. Thanks.

QuadTrix6
12-10-2002, 02:11 PM
i bought a program for 80 bux called dazzle it came with a usb to video converter cable that was probably the main cost, but try to go to kazza and d/l it works good

quaddict53
12-11-2002, 05:33 AM
bump

QuadTrix6
12-11-2002, 03:35 PM
free bump

quaddict53
12-12-2002, 06:18 PM
bump

T-R-X
12-12-2002, 06:58 PM
I just downloaded from kazaa.. Pinnacle 8.0.. its sick. You can do anything on it. If anyones wants it i can send them the file over email...... or just look for it on kazaa.

Derno24
12-12-2002, 07:03 PM
If money is no object the best is final cut pro for the Mac. You could also get a stand alone unit like a Casablanca.

In reality just use a basic editor you can get from Best buy. I know dazzle isn't too bad. It really depends on the quality level and effects you want.

muff
12-12-2002, 07:18 PM
i'm using adobe premier 6.0 and it works pretty good and its fairly easy to use, you can get it off kazaa to

MeatHead
12-12-2002, 08:26 PM
I am very interested in what video editting software is worth spending the money on. But please don't pirate software, if you're going to steal, do it the proper way and go to the store and shoplift it. Not that I am saying shop lifting is a good thing, its not.

So far we have:
muff recomends Adobe Premier 6.0
derno24 Final But Pro for the Mac
T-R-X Pinnacle 8.0

Are there any more suggestions.

12-12-2002, 11:51 PM
well, piracy has done alot for us , id say 43% of the internet was designed with a pirated copy of photoshop lol , after all, who would pay $500+ for a suped up MS Paint lol, so go pirate everything you can before kazaa is shut down!

razer
12-13-2002, 03:24 AM
It's weird how otherwise honest people have no qualms about stealing as long as it's software. I wonder if they would have qualms about stealing someone's quad or merchandise. Stealing is stealing, so why rationalize it as harmless?

If you don't feel that way, then don't ***** if someone steals something from you.

Derno24
12-13-2002, 07:11 AM
I don't agree with copying pirated software, but I also don't agree with any software costing $500. Especially if they have been using the same stuff just upgrading it.

Like I said before I don't get pirated software I just shoplift (just kidding)

Back to editing Adobe premier is good, but a student version is like $300 plus. Like I said before it really depends on what you are doing with the video. If you are editing for just fun get the cheap versions from the store and save your money. If you are going professional open up your wallet and like I said before get your own editing mac with final cut pro.

MeatHead
12-13-2002, 02:47 PM
Well, getting a Mac is out of the question. For now anyways. So that rules out Final Cut Pro. What I am actually looking for is one that will work well with my Sony digital camcorder. It has IEEE 1394 out, so the video download goes fairly quick. But I am looking for someware that is feature rich, and under $150. So it sounds like just about any of them out there will qualify as meeting these standards.

quaddict - Did you get enough suggestions? I know I would have prefered a few more, I guess not too many people on this forum use video editing software.

12-14-2002, 05:22 AM
didnt striker do a few vids? ask him