PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Problem...help

BgMxKiNg
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Today when i was at the track i noticed that iy yfz450 was running hot and it was blowing out the resivor in the back and like boiling in it like water does on the stove...so i took it apart when i got home maybe thinking the fan wasnt working but it is...also there is no water in the oil and it also hasnt lost ne power....neone have any suggestions???

jdlove...yfz450
09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
drop the oil out. in the bottom of your oil reserve there is a screen filter, they get blocked easily which means you are not getting any if little oil to the engine. no oil means extra heat and your coolant will pay the price right before your engine blows. it could be something else but i would at least check

daddio
09-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Possibly a head gasket.

Ride1Rob
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
I had that same problem with mine and did process of elimination until I fixed it. Headgasket, rewired fan, and found out that it was my water pump. Changed the shaft, seals, and bearing and problem solved.

BgMxKiNg
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
yeserday i took it all apart and checked the voltage on the plug coming off the fan and it shows 12, and then i took and ran a ground and a hot to the fan and it works, so then i put it all back together and the fan isnt kicking on and thats what causing it to run hot....any suggestions??????

dehner47
09-30-2008, 09:20 AM
it most likely isn't the fan thats giving it a problem.on all our race yfz's we dont even run a fan on the ratiator.i'd look at the screen on the oil tank that jdlove mentioned.i was told by a few people that that will cause an over heating issue..

coryatver
09-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Make sure the water pump is working most yfz's end up having issues with it

10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
pm sent