PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating questions

smokey480
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I am interested in getting many items on my 400ex powder coated but was wondering if anyone had any bad experiences with any of these items. I want to get the factory rims, front bumper, six pack rack, and nerf bars done in black. Obviously the items are made of different material and was wondering if there are bonding problems or color variations with that situation. Im just going to get gloss black so no crazy colors. Please let me know if you have any input on the topic. Tanks in advance for your time...

Pappy
09-29-2008, 11:09 AM
You shouldnt have any issues.

smokey480
09-29-2008, 05:14 PM
What would an approx price per wheel cost if im having 8 done total, front bumper, 6 pack rack, and nerf bars? A friend of a friend has a shop and said he will give me a great deal so I would like something to gauge off of. By the way thanks for the reply, it seems that you have a great reputation for your work on this site. If it wasn't so much stuff to ship I would have you do it but that's a ton of freight! Thanks again...

Pappy
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Rims 8 done total $20 per rim
front bumper $20-
6 pack rack $20
nerf bars $45 to $55 depending on if its just nerfs or has heel gaurds

as long as its all bare aluminum, it should be a relatively inexpensive job. depending on the shop the rim price could be a tad lower or higher in your area. everything is expensive these days so if you can get a deal, by all means go for it!

ERBE
10-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Its all in the metal Prep!!!