PDA

View Full Version : any places to ride in orange cty ny

tony400ex
09-28-2008, 02:53 PM
anyone know of good places to ride in orange cty ny, without being bothered by the local police

gabespal
10-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Check out SCATV.com or NYATV.com when they get their site back up. It aint Orange County, but it might work for you. I've been trying to hook up with someone with some local trail experience but no takers yet, but I'll keep on trying. Until I get in the know I'm at the mercy of others.

tony400ex
11-15-2008, 10:44 AM
yea i do hear alot about there site, as for right know i ride in middletown ny at an old sand pit and ride the trails on witch after it rains its really muddy even for 4x4 everyone gets stuck somewhere

gabespal
11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I just got started with this ATVing thing and already I'm tired of looking over my shoulder. I don't know about you, but I like the idea of a group/.club looking out for my/our privilege to ride.

These guys (and gals) work out something with area land owners to give us some place to ride without having to look over your shoulder worrying about the law. They maintain the trails, post signs and overall just do the right thing. I'm all for that.

For me the website is a little confusing, but I joined, and I have to say I'm glad I did. As an organized group we stand a better chance to get more places to ride. These guys seem to know what hey are doing. For $25 bucks I say what the heck, right.