PDA

View Full Version : 505 SX on track

Quadevil
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM
fassttttt machine!! (if still there was any doubt)

505 SX wheely and acceleration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mQkl6ELWkU)

Track 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1nsFgE-bc)

Track 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywXdNhBt73w)

I think it will be a pain in the *** even for dirt bikes :D

ah665
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
niiice. sweet machine.

mooseracerX
10-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Yeah those are for sure fast. Although I watched Nick Denoble blow up a 450sx on Saturday. :eek2:

Quadevil
10-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by mooseracerX
Yeah those are for sure fast. Although I watched Nick Denoble blow up a 450sx on Saturday. :eek2:

How was that? did ktm said anything about it?

mooseracerX
10-02-2008, 04:18 PM
What do you mean? I know Denoble didn't look too happy.

Quadevil
10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by mooseracerX
What do you mean? I know Denoble didn't look too happy.

Well by saying "how was that" i'm not trying to know how could it blow. Just blows.

I'm impressed because it's not very common a quad blow it's engine after 3 races. And worse if it was being assisted by a ktm team...

mooseracerX
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Well actually I shouldn't say that it blew up. It filled the air with smoke and he pulled off and pushed it back and didn't race in the 2nd moto so it must have been something serious.

banker30
10-04-2008, 09:47 PM
yeah but it must not of been to bad cuz he raced it sunday and won pro am and everything...

mooseracerX
10-05-2008, 07:17 AM
That happened on Saturday too? I know I went to Tigerton on Sunday.

zalewski22
10-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I am just repeating what I was told by the dealer repairing it, and did not see this myself. "The top end is worn severely and the engine has sand inside the head and cylinder. At some point he was racing with no air filter on at all." So I don't think we have a build quality issue here.

mooseracerX
10-05-2008, 10:01 AM
:huh :eek2: Wow that's weird. Great to know that it isn't KTM manufacturing's fault.

Quadevil
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by zalewski22
I am just repeating what I was told by the dealer repairing it, and did not see this myself. "The top end is worn severely and the engine has sand inside the head and cylinder. At some point he was racing with no air filter on at all." So I don't think we have a build quality issue here.

Maybe the filter was not put correctly or something cracked in the carb...sand inside that was bad...

TWISTED
10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Quadevil
Maybe the filter was not put correctly or something cracked in the carb...sand inside that was bad...

Baldwin told me about that issue... It seems some people haven't been putting the air filter on correctly and it sucks dirt, and then we know what happens from there...........

zalewski22
10-05-2008, 11:41 AM
That may be a problem some are having, but that is not what they said. I was told "He was racing without a filter". Like voluntarily not using any air filter.

Quadevil
10-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Baldwin told me about that issue... It seems some people haven't been putting the air filter on correctly and it sucks dirt, and then we know what happens from there...........

Well, Mr. John Maley touches this issue is this clip. Watch at 2:40
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=aHT5acU3M7k

When he checks it, you can her some click's. Air filter well seated is very important and should be double checked ;)

xsr_racing28c
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Alright there are so many stories going around about this. First off what I was told from a reputable source is that the quad was lent from a dealer up near Appleton/GB area ( possibly Team 2 ) to a racer and Denoble actually got on the quad unknowing to the dealer and rode the quad. I'm not sure about the whole air filter issue, but what I do know as being an owner of an sx is that re-jetting these machines is one thing HAVE to do once getting one of these machines. They are jetted so lean from the factory that you WILL most likely blow it up being untouched.

Apparently he said that they got it from the dealer, threw some stickers on it, and took it out to the track not touching a thing. Now if he's that dumb to run it without a filter, then of course he's asking for issues. Im sure we'll find out more, but out of the dozens of SX's out there at this time, this is the only issue I"ve ever heard with the KTM. And it sounds like its an issue do to rider stupidity.

Take care of your machines, and they'll take care of you reliably!!! Being ignorant will get your no where.

Jay