PDA

View Full Version : 450r valve problems

Glenyzracer25
09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
i have an 06 450r, im on my last shim size,after this i guess it will be time for new valves. should i go back stock or go back or go with kibblewhites or something? also cometic or honda head gasket?

i have had the fourwheeler about 3 months and this will be the 2nd time i have adjusted them, whats causing them to tighten up? it has 12.5 to 1 piston, crf cam, and just air filter and pipe. i always have a fresh oiled uni air filter with lots of oil, and a 50/50 race fuel. its an xc quad, so its not on the rev limiter all the time.

any suggestions?

quad2xtreme
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Glenyzracer25
i have an 06 450r, im on my last shim size,after this i guess it will be time for new valves. should i go back stock or go back or go with kibblewhites or something? also cometic or honda head gasket?

i have had the fourwheeler about 3 months and this will be the 2nd time i have adjusted them, whats causing them to tighten up? it has 12.5 to 1 piston, crf cam, and just air filter and pipe. i always have a fresh oiled uni air filter with lots of oil, and a 50/50 race fuel. its an xc quad, so its not on the rev limiter all the time.

any suggestions?

I really don't have any help for you. Mine was purchased in January 2006 and I haven't ever adjusted the valves yet. I've checked them and they are still in spec. I can't figure out why mine aren't needing adjusted more. :confused: Mine is totally stock except for the HRC kit. I run Honda oil (gold bottle) and Amsoil once or twice. I run an EHS lid. Mine is only ridden on the mx track but has quite a few hours on it.

supersick300ex
09-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I had problems with my valves, and burnt up my head, bought a new head and had janssen port it, they put in OEM titanium valves and springs said those are they way to go

4fiddytrx
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
i would stay stock just buy new valves and re-cut your valve seats.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM
we replace the titanium intake valves with stainless steel and use the heavy duty spring kit .