PDA

View Full Version : Spacers/longer A arms/Chassis widening kits????

Krossrider
09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this ATV scene and have no idea about suspension set up! However it seems advantageous to increase the width of your ATV and I can see the obvious reasons why but I don't know the pro's and con's of either using wheel spacers, longer 'A' arms or Chassis widening kits such as those produced by Diamondjcustoms.com?
I've just purchased my first ATV (raptor 250) and have been riding it at the local MX track and having a lot of fun but I'm looking at improving the little beast for this type of riding. I'm 5'8" and 175lbs and any insight into these different methods of widening will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Punkmaster Flex
09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
One question: do you have a lot of $$$ to spend?

If yes:

Get longer A-Arms

If no:

Wait until you can afford longer A-Arms

Spacers and widening kits are ****.

Krossrider
09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Why are they ****?, I can understand how longer A arms would be better but surely spacers/ chassis kits would be better than stock? Or not?
If I had the money to spend on big$ supension, I think I would just buy a 450 mxer that has good suspension from the factory! Or is that something only very experienced atv riders should be doing?
I suppose I should have asked the question:- Do I modify my Raptor250? or do I save my money and upgrade to a mx 450 atv?
I can justify spending smaller amounts of money on small improvements but larger amounts are harder to Justify! What do you think?

Punkmaster Flex
09-27-2008, 08:33 PM
You're right on one thing, it's better not to mod your 250 and wait 'till you (or your parent :p) can afford a 450. But yeah, if you want to do something on your quad, atleast do it right. A-Arms FTW.