PDA

View Full Version : Jetting ? seems running real fat

TRX450RACER174
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi guys i am hoping some can help me as i am new to these minis.
I have a 06 mxr 100 i bought used it has a new top end in it done before purchase runs great but puts alot of oil out the exhaust, I am running Maxima Super M pre mixed 40.1 with VP C12 straight, I pulled the carb off and it has a 122 main 40 pilot and the needle is in the middle clip. It also has a NGK B8ES plug in it now i dont know if that is correct or not for this application but thats what is in there.
Any advice is appreciated.
Erik

nordic quad
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
If the quad is running good other than the exessive oil i wold only try to drop the needle a clip and fine tune with the airscrew.

TRX450RACER174
09-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
If the quad is running good other than the exessive oil i wold only try to drop the needle a clip and fine tune with the airscrew.

Yes it runs great produces good smoke out the pipe has good power when he gets on it has no hesitation just alot of oil out the pipe, I will try the needle on the next clip up and the air screw was only one turn out so i am going to try it at two turns out to start, BTW is the plug gap for these a .030 i am also going to put in a new plug and that is what the old plug is gapped at.
Thanks Erik

nordic quad
09-28-2008, 12:38 PM
1 turn out shold always be your starting point when tuning your carb.I know the gap on the stock Eyquem c92ls shold be 0,45mm.Have also been running the iridium raceplug b8eg and bp 8es on uor quad with standard gap they may need some adjustment but i have never done this.Another thing if you dont have the ovners manual you can download this at apexatv.com
Stein A:D

09-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Yes it runs great produces good smoke out the pipe has good power when he gets on it has no hesitation just alot of oil out the pipe, I will try the needle on the next clip up and the air screw was only one turn out so i am going to try it at two turns out to start, BTW is the plug gap for these a .030 i am also going to put in a new plug and that is what the old plug is gapped at.
Thanks Erik imo you should run your spark plug between .024 and .028 no more than the .028. i hope this will help you out.

TRX450RACER174
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
imo you should run your spark plug between .024 and .028 no more than the .028. i hope this will help you out.

Ok i will try that plug gap and mess a little with the needle and a/f screw.