PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

allstock
09-26-2008, 07:50 PM
well where to start, i blew my bottom end back in june and took out the crank, rod, piston, and cylinder and i got all of that replaced and when i got my motor back last month, when you take off in first gear the clutch doesnt ease it just jumps and is really rough. my clutches only last for about 40 minutes of riding before there shot but they dont even show any signs of slipping it will be perfectly fine but then they'll just slip like crazy for like 5 seconds and then there done. some of my inner clutch fibers had no fiber left (ill post a pic later) and at the bottom of my case its just chunks of clutch fiber because i smoke them that bad i've been through 5 sets of clutchs and im sick of it. my basket has some grooves in it which would explain the clutchs blowing so much but not that fast. and also my tranny breather hose keeps pumping out oil. this motors been apart twice since this has been happening and we can find a reason why the oil just keeps pumping out. has this ever happened to anyone else or have any ideas on what it could be

Nate Dogg #76
09-27-2008, 07:49 AM
This sounds like a problem I recently had with my 04 450r. My clutch basket was fine with hardly no wear. The inside hub that the metal plates ride on was grooved and notched bad. The outside hub also had some wear on it so I replaced both and fixed it.

allstock
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM
my outter basket has a decent amount of wear but my inner is basically new u can just see marks but i dont think the basket would be pushing the oil out

chad502ex
10-01-2008, 08:01 AM
:huh

good luck with your repair/rebuild

:cool:

Colby@C&DRacing
10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
You say it is poumping the oil out?? where is it going into the crank side or out the vent tube?

440challenger
10-02-2008, 06:47 AM
I know the stock basket rubber grommets wear out and cause slop.

Do you have the spring coushins installed ? If so correctly?

You have all the same clutch springs in? not mixmatched?

Sharp side out on the fibers?

Make sure you get a new oil cooler and clean the screen on the stator side before you ride it again. those clutch fibers will block oil flow and cause you more problems