PDA

View Full Version : yamaha warranty

jeepthing07
09-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I am going to be buying a new quad and the grizzly 550 looks good to me but why does yamaha only have a 6 month warranty when everyone else has a 1 year? That is about enough eo sell me on a honda or a suki. Anyone ever had probles with yamaha warranties?

And when i go to buy a new quad im not going to pay sticker price. the grizzly for example is a $7,099. how low should i go i have never haggled with an ATV before i just paid sticker. is $500 less to much to offer? to little? i know every dealer is different i just dont want to be laughed out the door lol

intoashes83
11-18-2008, 03:19 AM
i dont think asking for 500 off is too much of a stretch if you go about it in a tactful manner. The thing with a quad is your looking at it from a totally different angle. It isnt like a car where you looking upwards 20g. I would look at that and another bike with a lower tag, and make a few comments pertaining to the price of the other bike. Say something like "i like this, but then again I like this about the other bike and think this one will be exactly what I need." If you can quote me 6599 I will buy right now." See what they say. They will either take the bait, or counter offer. I think asking for any more than 500 off is going to be stretching it. I was able to knock 4g off my Subaru WRX STI but we are talking a 30g+ car. Sometimes not asking for a certain price works also. Just say "wow, I would love to leave with this machine today, lets talk numbers. what can we do?" See what they will do to help you as a customer. i talked 700 off my quad easily without even mentioning a number. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
-Ryan

wolv450Chev5300
11-28-2008, 09:48 PM
my wolvy was listed at 7200 and when i whent their i told them i was also looking at a 420 honda and that they where seling it for 6000 and i was very interested in the honda and i was just cumming from the honda dealer, i also talked about the advantage of the honda over the wolvy. Also told them i need it befor the weekend (it was thrusday)(just befor christmas every thing is closed for 2 weeks) they changed their price, think it was 6700, said i was going to see the honda again the next morning to try it out and told them that if they change their price closer to 6000 to give me call and that i would buy it the next day
the same night they called me and told me the lower they could go is 6200 and bought it the next day

wolv450Chev5300
11-28-2008, 10:04 PM
for the 6mths i had to do 1 minor repair it was that u had to rock the atv to get it in gear the shifter wasent well ajusted took it in and they fixted it no cost and i think the warenty was expired a few days befor. also u might be abel to add 6 more mths the waranty at no charge
also check the Yamaha website for deals/special offers the dealers might not always tell you
so get them to give u a price then mention them the offers from yamaha
my truck was selling for 22,995 and got it for 19,500
the first offer i gave was 17,000 and they laught then it was 19,000 they said no and we left to go see an other truck, came back and decided on 19,500