PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help !!!!!!

drxracing
09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
WHAT COLOR CLUTCH SPRINGS TO USE WITH 1500 ZTR GOLD T SPRING / 5.4 ROLLERS AND STOCK PIPE ALSO HAVE 53MM BORE A/C I HAVE THE RED ONES IN IT NOW BUT IT DOSE NOT SEEM TO BE GETING THE FULL SHIFT I ALSO JUST BOUGHT A 20MM CARB FOR IT DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT THIS CAB WILL WORK THIS SETUP ????????

Nichols Atvs
09-26-2008, 04:02 PM
What belt you running? IF T spring is week you will not get full belt travel .and if your rollers have flat spots.

drxracing
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
STOCK BELT AND THE T SPRINGIS NEW THE BELT IS A LITTLE OLD
THO .THE ROOLERS ARE NEW ALSO I GOT ALSO GOT 4.5 AND 4.4
THANKS FOR THE REPLYS

bulldogfallon
09-26-2008, 06:21 PM
If your torque spring is weak then you would get more travel??? How would you get less travel if the spring was weaker? Wouldn't that allow the rollers weights to rise with less resistance? Am I missing something all this time?

The clutch shoes springs only effect the stall of the clutch, not the belt travel

We were running 5.25 to 5.5 gram rollers with the ZTR 1500 in our stock LC 90s.

Keep in mind that when the torque spring is new it will have more strength and could effect the belt travel. Once it settles in after a couple of heat cycles it will usually allow for more belt travel.

Nichols Atvs
09-27-2008, 11:36 AM
When the travel in the front variator starts getting lower about 1/4 in from the top . I know its time to replace the t spring. After its been replaced the travel goes up and im back at my full travel 1/8 from the top . I replace rollers every 4 th race week end . Has been that way the last year. when I switched to the Malossi belt set up got the dr pulley front and rear and still does the same thing .

drxracing
09-27-2008, 12:52 PM
so then i should 5.5 rollors???? thanks for the hel!!p