PDA

View Full Version : DS450X MX....What Mod's?

TNT
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm getting together with our regional Can-am reps next week to discuss promoting the new MX 09 quad in the KS/ mid-west and what they can offer in return. I'm not that familiar with last years DS and need some help. What mods will the 09 quad need do you all think to be competitive at the A-class and low Pro-Am nationals? Only thing I have heard bad about it is it lacked low end torque and the pro's craked the frame but that’s the pro's for ya. Is it the same motor for 09 and what are you guy's doing to fix the torque/motor if the rumors is true. Thanks in advance for the help.

ds450racer
09-27-2008, 09:44 AM
People keep saying theres no bottom end but if you ride it like a 2 stroke It has. You can't lug out the corners with them like you do on a honda.

fastford
09-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Clip the wire, put on a pipe and filter and it will beat 95% of the quads out there. Bottom end included.

WesDS450X
09-27-2008, 11:44 AM
hopfully they put the pink wire on the 09

joeyds450x
09-28-2008, 10:46 AM
hopefully the 09 is race reeady outa the box, i tried moto cross yesterday with my bone stock 08x and they smoked me,it woulda been nice if i coulda heard my quad lol

fastford
09-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Drop that stock pipe for a real one and get a real air filter. Even with the arrestor out its junk and so is the stock air filter.

joeyds450x
09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by fastford
Drop that stock pipe for a real one and get a real air filter. Even with the arrestor out its junk and so is the stock air filter.

ya i know all that but if you wanna give me the money for a pipe i will ge t one one thing i reallised is you have to have money to do this sport its very expensive

fastford
09-28-2008, 04:43 PM
One step at a time. You will be happy with the results. I went from losing to all my buddies to beating them by a fair amount.

joeyds450x
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by fastford
One step at a time. You will be happy with the results. I went from losing to all my buddies to beating them by a fair amount.

ya im the guy losing to all my friends lol in the spring itll all be different my quad will be set up for motocross

RosquistRacer39
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
ya im the guy losing to all my friends lol in the spring itll all be different my quad will be set up for motocross

Don't worry about buying a lot of stuff if you cant afford it. Put some mx tires on it and re gear for the tires and just practice. If you put a lot of seat time in it wont matter what mods your buddies have. 99% of racing is won and lost in the turns. The main thing is to practice on getting in and out of turns quicker than anyone else. The more you practice the better you will get, and the results will come. Even on a stock suspended bike.

fastford
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I agree practice makes perfect!!

joeyds450x
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
ya the factory settings were perfect for me when i was just on little tracks but not for a motocross track it was set way to stiff it actually hurt to land some of those jumps

joeyds450x
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
ya the factory settings were perfect for me when i was just on little tracks but not for a motocross track it was set way to stiff it actually hurt to land some of those jumps

THEMACHINIST
09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
I'm getting together with our regional Can-am reps next week to discuss promoting the new MX 09 quad in the KS/ mid-west and what they can offer in return. I'm not that familiar with last years DS and need some help. What mods will the 09 quad need do you all think to be competitive at the A-class and low Pro-Am nationals? Only thing I have heard bad about it is it lacked low end torque and the pro's craked the frame but that’s the pro's for ya. Is it the same motor for 09 and what are you guy's doing to fix the torque/motor if the rumors is true. Thanks in advance for the help.

They should go with a 12.5 high comp piston it will ad the torq we need and will be compititive with ktm for the rest the 09 seem perfect i think