PDA

View Full Version : Not wanting to run in water

zzsa02
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I have a 2005 YFZ 450 and it will not run in water. Last year was fine this I have fault it all year still cant find the problem. If I take it slow through the water I'm ok but any slpash of water up and I'm done for a few seconds. Have to rev it up till it clears out. It sounds like it is running at 200 rpms. Any ideas?

jdlove...yfz450
09-29-2008, 12:19 AM
is it having water enter somewhere? anything around the carb open? what about your overflow line, can water enter there? good luck

zzsa02
09-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I also posted on another thread, but I took the garden hose to the top of the carb at the mouting boot and it would bog down. I know that boot is setting right on the intake and the carb. The only thing that I can think of is the boot has a small tear in it. The mounting ring was not in it grove and tighten down so I think that may have done it. I hope that the intake isn't cracked. I just haven't took the time to take off the boot and inspect. For $11 it wouldn't hurt to replace if it was so small and couldn't see. I have a month to find it one race left with lots of creek crossings so I need to fix it some what soon.

What overflow line are talking about?

MX300ex
10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
could be yyour electrical to