PDA

View Full Version : finally got some 450r shocks

pizmo 400ex
09-25-2008, 11:29 PM
i finally got some 450r shocks today. i got lucky and found a guy selling some locally fo $50 (thank you youtube). put them on in like 20 minutes, pretty easy to install. i get to try them out tomorrow when i go riding. can't wait :)

BossHogg420
09-26-2008, 07:11 AM
send em off to gt thunder or c&d racing to get them converted to a dual or triple rate......then ull really love them!

Speedy 400ex
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
And i thought i was getting a steal for mine(100). I got mine on weeks ago and i still havent gotten to ride them!:mad:

dirtmerchant42
09-26-2008, 10:15 AM
i just put my yfz shocks on that i got for FREE last weekend and love them so far and tryin them out this weekend in an arenacross race..

Kevslatvin
09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I just got mine put on about 2 weeks ago. They definatley soak up landings from jumps better. I haven't rode them in the woods yet but I think they may be on the stiff side. I like them much better at the track though.

09-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Spend a couple hours and ride adjusting them. Adjusting shocks to the riding conditions cant be stressed enough. I see so many say these ride like crap i need new shock. Have you ever adjusted them? no. well theres yur problem. People think aftermarket cure all suspension problems but even aftermarket need to be fine tuned.

coryatver
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
if you get gt thunder rebuilds they ask you your specs and set them for you they actually recommend not changing anything and they are right on.

Kevslatvin
09-27-2008, 12:34 AM
I actually did adjust mine some. Compression full soft, rebound one turn from full soft. I actually had to adjust the rebond on my rear after installing these. There were some whooped out or washboarded sections where the rear felt like it wanted to bounce me off before I adjusted it some. Never noticed that happening before. I think with my front handling better it showed where my rear needed some adjusting. So far I think am going to like them. I may still need to do some more adjusting though.