PDA

View Full Version : weird.....

rodeo#11
09-25-2008, 10:41 PM
so i came in from practice off my track the other day and something just didn't feel right with my quad and when i mean didn't feel right trust me.... I noticed every time i went to turn the back end did something funky.. naturally i parked it and went to tearing down... about 2 minutes into my tear down i found the problem. Some how i have managed to "snap" my whole swingarm off, i mean i broke that sucker off good to, only thing holding it on is the shock linkage. I have no clue how this even happend. All i know is my race season is over now... (till i get the money to get a new one) anyways anyone had this problem before, i snapped it right at the pivot bolt on the motor.... i know this may sound weird and pretty random but i'm just curious if anyone else can relate to this. ( and if anyone has a cheap stock/aftermarket swingarm they would like to sell please email me =gnusnowboarder23@hotmail.com )

Ruby Soho
09-26-2008, 05:45 AM
i snapped mine clear off on the left side alittle bit in from the pivot point

Balaz_73*00
09-26-2008, 09:46 AM
happened to me too...pivot bolt broke on one side n the swinger was just hangin on by the link and shock. crazy stuff

krt400ex
09-26-2008, 10:32 AM
were your pivot bearings in good shape? i havent ever broken one, but i actually let my bearings go so long that there was nothing left of them and it was the aluminum bearing housing that was being worn through by the pivot bolt. i had to replace mine. lol. i think i paid about $150 for a used stock one in perfect condition

rodeo#11
09-26-2008, 01:46 PM
i havent replaced the pivot bearings since ive had the quad ( a total dumba** move) all i know is i need a swingarm stat so i can finish out my race season lol

drew416ex
09-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I may be getting a new swingarm this weekend. Ill sell you my stock one if you are interested.

elmer91
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
wow. got any pics of it?

Ruby Soho
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
mine broke because of worn bearings

the left side was worn so bad the bearing was gone, and the hole that the sleeve/bearing pressed into was elongating every time i rode it. needless to say i bought a new used swinger for 125 and installed pivot works bearings and now im pretty anal about keeping it in tip top shape:p

rodeo#11
09-28-2008, 10:13 AM
yea i took a pic with my cell today ill try to get it up soon.... (not pretty) and yea drew if ya wanna sell it just email me at my email address in my previous reply :D