PDA

View Full Version : ? about axle locknut

Seano300ex
09-25-2008, 06:57 PM
i need to replace the axle bearings on my R and i need to know which way you turn the locknut? i have a pic i found off google to help out, but i got the skinny part on the left side loose but right side which is the bigger piece of locknut will not budge. thanx for any help -sean

Sjorge450R
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Seano300ex
i need to replace the axle bearings on my R and i need to know which way you turn the locknut? i have a pic i found off google to help out, but i got the skinny part on the left side loose but right side which is the bigger piece of locknut will not budge. thanx for any help -sean

sean, just keep on turning it it the same way that the other one came off. I know your small and weak, but with a little effort, you can do it.

What is it with you and axle bearings. Seems to me like you are always changing them......stop beating the chit out of your quad

d3ktrix
09-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Both nuts turn the same direction.

If your standing behind the quad, push the wrench down to loosen.

Up to tighten.

Seano300ex
09-26-2008, 10:08 PM
hahah thats funny steve, yea i was pushing the wrench down and it wouldn't budge. guess i gotta use some heat mayb. thanx for the input guys

d3ktrix
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Seano300ex
hahah thats funny steve, yea i was pushing the wrench down and it wouldn't budge. guess i gotta use some heat mayb. thanx for the input guys

Have someone hold the rear brakes on the bike and stand/bounch on the breaker bar/pipe wrench what ever your using.

Sometimes if they've never been taken off before they can be stuck on pretty good.

Seano300ex
09-27-2008, 08:26 AM
yea thats exactly what we were doing the other day, i was on he bike holding the brakes while my dad was using a pipe wrench w/ a pole for alot more leverage and it still wouldn't budge. maybe it has never been off, who knos( p.s. o ya steve this is the first time changing the axle bearings on the R, the 300's ones wore out more often cause it has a 2+2 axle on it)

quad2xtreme
09-27-2008, 09:01 PM
buy original Honda bearings and stay away with aftermarket unless you absolutely confirm you are getting bearings made in Japan. The Chinese bearings are junk...like All Balls and 95% of the crap you see listed on ebay.

You can get bearings from Boss Bearings too that are made in Japan...just make sure you tell them those are the ones you want. They cost twice as much.

Seano300ex
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
k well finally got er loose and somehow or another i f-ed up my carrier, so i need a new one. o yea i already got the bearings n seals from service honda. thanks- Sean