PDA

View Full Version : Another New Decision!

Brauap
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
This is my newest plan.

Sell my YZ for $1,300 and spend $1,200 on the EX and $100 on tools.

I want it to be a bad arse XC'r.

Here is my plan:
Stock Air Box
E-Series/Lexx S/O
Uni
Razr II Fronts
Baja Wheels (Black)
Yellow Stock Plastics
Pro Armor Bull Horn/XC Bumper
Pro Armor Skids
Pro Taper Bars
Pro Taper Pillows
FX Gripper
New Stock On/Off switch (stock broken)
New (used) Sub Frame
Painted sub/frame flat black/swinger a-arms silver/chrome with 10,000 clear coats
416 kit
Bottom end check up
______Steering Stabilizer
Cycra Racer Pack
Pro Armor Race Peg Nerfs
___________Suspension!!!!!!!!

I will be buying just about everthing off of here and ebay used.. What do you guys think about this list? Want to add anything? I am excited to get back on to 4 wheels! Over time working I will probaly make about another 100+ bucks to add to this... All help would be awesome! (I will make a Fall Rebuild thread once I start working on it, IM SOOO EXCITED!!!)

09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
You change your plan every month....

And how do you know you'll get $1300 for the yz? Times are tough for selling.

Decent suspension and a stabilzer alone will be big $$$

theTman
09-25-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah you can easily spend 800 on a used pair of good shocks....but good luck with whatever your plans are!

Ruby Soho
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
id spend the money alot wiser.

and dmc, your plans change every other week too.. you have no room to talk.

09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
450r revalve/spring- $600
rear revalved/sprung- $150
416 kit- $250
Lexx- $180
Total so far- $1180

Not to mention all the other stuff on your list.

Good luck though.

09-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
id spend the money alot wiser.

and dmc, your plans change every other week too.. you have no room to talk.

Im never making/changing plans. I suggest ideas. My 400 has been the same for a while, and I never make threads changing my plans. The one think I said I would get I got.. a sparks timing key.
And the hybrid IS happening. Its just a matter of time.

Brauap
09-25-2008, 03:56 PM
id spend the money alot wiser....

This is why I am you guys.... I need your guy's help! There is no way I can do it alone....

Pipeless416
09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
honestly brauap, i think that you could easily spend $1200 on all the stuff you mentioned without the suspension. if i were you i'd get the things that are absolutely needed... like tires and suspension.. they make you ride faster than anything else. what happened to your e series shorty? we'll help you brauap, you just need to get your priorities straight, and not listen to everybody thats trying to start stuff. if we're giving slow another shot, we'll surely give you one. :p

tman12345
09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
it seems like braup and DMC are always talking about doing stuff with no follow through.

Pipeless416
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by tman12345
it seems like braup and DMC are always talking about doing stuff with no follow through.

yea? you also need to remember that beyond all this forum stuff, they're only 13-15 years old. thats what kids do. :rolleyes:

Brauap
09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
UPDATE TO SAVE $$$

Stock Air Box
E-Series
Uni
Razr 6 ply fronts
Douglas Wheels
Stock Red Plastics
Pro Armor Skids
Pro Taper Bars
Pro Taper Pillows
FX Gripper
New (used) Sub Frame
Painted sub/frame flat black--swinger/a-arms flat red with 10,000 clear coats
416 kit
Bottom end check up
Cycra Racer Pack
Pro Armor Race Peg Nerfs
___________Suspension!!!!!!!!

09-25-2008, 06:16 PM

WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING I DO THAT

Show me one thing. Just one. You guys talk out of your @ss all the time.

I have never said im going to do something and didn't follow up. I asked about the yfz springs. Never said I was going to do it, just asking if it would work.
The hybrid. That is not changing! I am doing that no matter what unless I end up getting a 450. I explained to you people time and time again, I just have to wait till we move.

EDIT: Yeah, I may be 15, but if you ever met me in person would would know that I am actually pretty mature for my age.

blaaze416
09-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
yea? you also need to remember that beyond all this forum stuff, they're only 13-15 years old. thats what kids do. :rolleyes:

yup...guess i'm still just a big kid!! good to know!

Pipeless416
09-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
yup...guess i'm still just a big kid!! good to know!

everybody here needs to just get over themselves. and blaaze416, we all are at heart :p .

brauap, is there an issue besides being race cut with your yellow plastic? is there a reason you need to go to a 416, or can you just hone and rering? are new wheels really needed? stock wheels are actually very strong.

Ruby Soho
09-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING I DO THAT

Show me one thing. Just one. You guys talk out of your @ss all the time.

I have never said im going to do something and didn't follow up. I asked about the yfz springs. Never said I was going to do it, just asking if it would work.
The hybrid. That is not changing! I am doing that no matter what unless I end up getting a 450. I explained to you people time and time again, I just have to wait till we move.

EDIT: Yeah, I may be 15, but if you ever met me in person would would know that I am actually pretty mature for my age.

you told people you were "modding" your ex engine looking for used internal parts because you were on a budget

you told everyone you were lightening or buying a lighter flywheel

you told everyone you were going to put a predator front end on your 400ex because you have the tools to do it

must i go on?:rolleyes:

09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
you told people you were "modding" your ex engine looking for used internal parts because you were on a budget

you told everyone you were lightening or buying a lighter flywheel

you told everyone you were going to put a predator front end on your 400ex because you have the tools to do it

must i go on?:rolleyes:

I was about to buy a high-compression piston. He was selling a cylinder/piston combo for $75 which I was about to jump on. But the "cylinder" ended up just being the sleeve, which I dont need. And he wanted to get $50 for the piston which was used for a whole season. So I said screw that. Im still looking but nobody ever has them for sale on here. I constantly check the f/s section.

I'm still planning on doing the flywheel. I just got so wrapped up in the minibike now that ive lost focus. And I was gonna bid on one but it ended while I was in school:mad: SO I have to look for another cheap one.

I decided against the predator front end during that thread. After learning more about geometry and everyone naying it, I figured im not going to bother.

Must I go on?

tman12345
09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I was about to buy a high-compression piston. He was selling a cylinder/piston combo for $75 which I was about to jump on. But the "cylinder" ended up just being the sleeve, which I dont need. And he wanted to get $50 for the piston which was used for a whole season. So I said screw that. Im still looking but nobody ever has them for sale on here. I constantly check the f/s section.

I'm still planning on doing the flywheel. I just got so wrapped up in the minibike now that ive lost focus. And I was gonna bid on one but it ended while I was in school:mad: SO I have to look for another cheap one.

I decided against the predator front end during that thread. After learning more about geometry and everyone naying it, I figured im not going to bother.

Must I go on?

you just have too many projects, just finish one then start another instead of having a bunch.

09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
you just have too many projects, just finish one then start another instead of having a bunch.

Well the banshee is almost finished. After that im probably going to finish the minibike (alothough it may be done sooner, im buying a frame off craigslist)

Then hybrid time comes:devil:

But back to brauaps thread. enough of this nonsense crap.

Brauap
09-26-2008, 04:34 AM
But back to brauaps thread. enough of this nonsense crap.

Thank You!!!!

Brauap
09-26-2008, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
everybody here needs to just get over themselves. and blaaze416, we all are at heart :p .

brauap, is there an issue besides being race cut with your yellow plastic? is there a reason you need to go to a 416, or can you just hone and rering? are new wheels really needed? stock wheels are actually very strong.

Very good points! See I need someone like you to help. I know I know I need atleast new rings.. and maybe a new piston but just hone it instead of bore... aww your soo smart! My plastics... aww ... where to start.. the front tabs are broken, I need headlights for trail riding, now time for the back fenders.. oh wait where'd they go? Yes, they cracked right off.... so I don't have any rear fenders and fenders are nice while riding in the woods? don'tcha think?

Brauap
09-26-2008, 04:40 AM
UPDATE TO SAVE $$$

Stock Air Box
E-Series
Uni
Razr 6 ply fronts
Stock Red Plastics
Pro Armor Skids
Pro Taper Bars
Pro Taper Pillows
FX Gripper
New (used) Sub Frame
Freshend Top End
Bottom end check up
Cycra Racer Pack
Pro Armor Race Peg Nerfs
___Just 05+ 450R's? No revalve?___Suspension!!!!!!!!

Hows it looking now? More realisic?

hornetgod13
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh No! Brauap is Back. :rolleyes:

blaaze416
09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
UPDATE TO SAVE $$$

Stock Air Box
E-Series
Uni
Razr 6 ply fronts
Stock Red Plastics
Pro Armor Skids
Pro Taper Bars
Pro Taper Pillows
FX Gripper
New (used) Sub Frame
Freshend Top End
Bottom end check up
Cycra Racer Pack
Pro Armor Race Peg Nerfs
___Just 05+ 450R's? No revalve?___Suspension!!!!!!!!

Hows it looking now? More realisic?

if you want to do a stabilizer...i HIGHLY recommend the cnc machined stabilizer talked about on here. i got one and wow! i recently hit a stump on my quad and was flung over the handle bars....(broke my collarbone) but i'm certain i would have broken my wrist from the impact turning my bars without the part. with it...it took ALL the turning force....didn't even feel it in my arm or hand! the quad just stopped...well toppled forward enough to bend another stem! He sells them on ebay, but only makes a few at a time. i got his email if you want to ask him direct. usually $185 delivered....but it's a puck stlye that WORKS!

katch26
09-26-2008, 01:06 PM
do you have a link for those stabilizers?

blaaze416
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
...and don't mind the negative comments....some people have just lost their patience, and child-like wonder and imagination...too bad. the only thing that should be set in stone are the ten commandments....and i think it says to love/respect thy neighbor in their somewhere..? so feel free to change your mind everyone...it's your god given right....

blaaze416
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
give me a second...

blaaze416
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
he says it's cool to mail him, so here it is; customcncparts@yahoo.com.

Ruby Soho
09-26-2008, 01:13 PM
if you want it to be an xc quad, don't put stock 450 shocks on it

do some used works or something cheap instead the 450's are stiff stock, they do okay in MX but theyre not to much better in the trails than the stockers

blaaze416
09-26-2008, 01:17 PM
i found some used ohlins off a cannondale sport 400, fit perfect with little mods (spacer). SOO much better thatn stock, but not stiff like the 450's.
still forgiving on roots and rocks and such, but no pogo bounce!
they were 250 for all three!