PDA

View Full Version : KTM450 SX Sport quad/ATV

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
09-25-2008, 09:09 AM
ok well I was reading in an atv sport magazine about this new KTM450 SX quad and it caught my attention last night when I saw the pics of it, i was like wow, i want one, so now the big question comes up, anyone know where i could get one in Wisconsin? also does anyone have some pictures of the new KTM450 SX sport ATV? post your pics of your new KTM450 SX sport ATV. i love looking at this quad, i'm leaning towards buying one, but I finances are tight right now

Quadevil
09-25-2008, 09:29 AM
There are pics in ktmatvhq forums ;)

xsr_racing28c
09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Contact Mark @ Motorsports Factory out of Waukesha, Wi

THey have one there.. 262-524-9977

Tell him Jason Conti sent ya over there...

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
yea, that's quite a drive for me, too far, i found a ktm dealer in chippewa falls wisconsin, so i'm going to go there when i can get one, cause it's like an hour drive for me, waukesha is too far, that's way down by milwaulkee, which is like a 5 hour drive from where i live, i don't like driving that far, cause it's too much time on the road and its boring too, but if that's the only place i can get one at, then i guess i'll go there to get one, but there are places in minnesota that are close by to where i live, so i'll check those some dealers out in minnesota too

xsr_racing28c
09-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I know someone that works there too. Big Red Menace - or Rich LeTendre works there. Tell him Jay says hi if you stop in. He works out in the service dept and is a KTM quad owner. He's a great guy!!

Jay

patrickj75
09-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
yea, that's quite a drive for me, too far, i found a ktm dealer in chippewa falls wisconsin, so i'm going to go there when i can get one, cause it's like an hour drive for me, waukesha is too far, that's way down by milwaulkee, which is like a 5 hour drive from where i live, i don't like driving that far, cause it's too much time on the road and its boring too, but if that's the only place i can get one at, then i guess i'll go there to get one, but there are places in minnesota that are close by to where i live, so i'll check those some dealers out in minnesota too

If you go to Minnesota call Mike Larson at Larson's Cycle. 763-689-2760. Best KTM dealer.

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
09-27-2008, 11:52 AM
oh, i'm working on it, but right now I have to plan out my finances and figure out my money situation for paying off my bills i owe money to right now, and then after that, i'm going to think and start looking into a ktm dealer and getting a loan to buy a new 2009 ktm450 sx sport atv/quad. those are my favorite sport atvs now, and i own a yamaha yfz450, which isn't bad, but i'm more into the mx and sx racing, and it would be nice to just buy a quad that is already set up for that kind of racing. one that already has the wideth, and the steering, and the wheels and tires, and kill switch and nerf bars, that is all i want, and ktm offers that, so i'm going to go with a ktm now, i'm done with yamaha and these other so called to race ready atvs that you need to go spend extra money on to buy nerf bars and a kill switch and a good performance pipe for.

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
10-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Well I'm getting a KTM450SX sport quad after I sell my YFZ450, so if anyone can help me out here, it would really be appreciated a lot.

04TRX400EX
10-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I think you've made a good decision. I picked up mine last week and will be taking it to the track for the first time this weekend. Once you see the quad in person you will not be able to resist buying one :D There are so many little details and things that make the KTM's awesome straight from the factory. Plus, I think it will be cool to have something a little different, ya know?

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
10-10-2008, 06:48 AM
yea I know exactly what you mean. the yfz450's are old news now to me, but these new ktm sx quads got my attention and when i test rode a ktm450xc quad last weekend, i was like right away, i'm getting rid of the yamaha and switching to ktm for sure now

woodsracer144
02-07-2009, 08:51 PM
pete at xtreme in chippewa has a fair price on the demos... give him a call

Big Red Menace
02-10-2009, 06:40 AM
I just assembled a 450sx and a 505sx last week. Come on over to Chippewa Falls and see us. I'm the service manager, so beleive me, were quad friendly.

ltr311
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Big Red Menace
I just assembled a 450sx and a 505sx last week. Come on over to Chippewa Falls and see us. I'm the service manager, so beleive me, were quad friendly.

How you liking that new bike?

dirtriderex
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
How much do those go for?

RobRacing
06-01-2009, 10:07 AM
How do you think these compare to the DS 450x mx

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
08-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone, I still haven't got a KTM450SX yet, but I am still wanting to get one. Only problem I've had is money has been a big problem and getting a good paying job has been a big problem. I am not making good money like I was last year, so the KTM450Sx is out of my reach right now. So I have a question to all the KTM450SX owners, how are they and how do you like them?

04TRX400EX
08-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I've had my SX since October when they first came out. The abbreviated answer to your question is I like mine a lot. The more in depth answer is as follows:

ENGINE: this things hauls. Jetting is way off from the factory due to emissions requirements but throw a JD kit on there and hold on. Throttle response is instantaneous afterwards but the engine took some getting used to. Coming from a YFZ or other DOHC bike will be similar. Coming from a SOHC Honda like I did was an adjustment because the KTM lacks some low-end grunt like the Honda's have plenty of. Get the thing revving though and you're gone. Over-rev is also crazy. My only planned mod here is a full Motoworks exhaust which picks up some hp and torque and balances out the power curve a bit to add some low-to-mid-range.

SUSPENSION: fully adjustable and very controllable if you ride the heck out of it. If you're just taking it easy though or getting tired, hold on tight cause it's going to be a rough, harsh ride. Some people love the setup but lighter weight folks like me (140lbs.) will damn near get bucked off the thing. I recently switched to a full Fox racing setup with LSR lower a-arms to achieve a full LT setup ... the results are amazing btw.

FIT & FINISH & ERGONOMICS: KTM's are made extremely well. The body panels are easy removable, everything makes sense in terms of placement, the seat/peg/bar relationship is perfect. I feel very comfortable on the bike. The hydraulic clutch and brake make shifting and stopping easy, although the thumb throttle spring is a bit stiff. Luckily, consistent riding builds your thumb strength and that issue goes away.

OVERALL: I was originally going to buy a 450R and strip it to the frame and rebuild it. The KTM appeared to be a better value in the long run thought because it is "race ready" from the factory. The quad is great, don't get me wrong, but if I had to do it over again I would have built my Honda. If you are going to leave it stock it is hands down the best out there. Personally though, I've already put almost $5,000 into mine which sucks considering the price of the quad new.

I love it though because it's different than everyone else's modded Honda or Suzuki. The KTM gets a lot of attention :macho

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/4DSONLY/KTM%20450SX/DSC00832.jpg

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/4DSONLY/KTM%20450SX/DSC00821.jpg

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Alright, that's awesome, I have always been so fasinated with the KTM SX quads ever since they came out. I want one a lot. I got a 2004 YFZ450 that has some mods and is race ready right now, but I have to sell mine first before I can go buy a KTM450SX quad. I will someday, but right now I'm stuck with my YFZ450 till I can get a good paying job and money to buy one and get a loan for one.

Toadz400
08-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Haha, Cody your YFZ is far from race ready!

You'll be much better off in the long run if you get some plastics back on the thing and ride it how it is until you get more experience. Stop spending money and start putting some aside so you can get it completely back together. Then just ask Mike to pick you up and give him money for fuel to go riding.

You won't see any benefit from a new quad in the condition you are in. You'll just be even more flat broke.

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
08-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Yea I know Neal. I wasn't planning on getting a KTM450SX until later on when I have the money to afford one. Right now it's rideable...sort or. well it's rideable and it needs a few things to finish it up to ride it. I'm an idiot you know. I just don't care anymore.

Toadz400
08-09-2009, 11:45 PM
That's the spirit Cody. Just ride what you got. I seriously wouldn't worry about getting a new quad for a long time.

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
08-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Yea...I'm just a moron and a dumbass. I don't care about my life anymore or anything in my life anymore. I'm probably not going to be around much longer anymore anyway, so why would anything matter anyway...

MX MaNiAc 06
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Yea...I'm just a moron and a dumbass. I don't care about my life anymore or anything in my life anymore. I'm probably not going to be around much longer anymore anyway, so why would anything matter anyway...

Hang in there kemosabe. You'll get a new quad soon enough. haha

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Yea, maybe...we'll have to wait and see. I doubt it, but I don't know anymore. I'm still a big dumbass and an idiot all in one.

Toadz400
08-16-2009, 11:43 PM
You don't need to be THAT negative Cody. Your YFZ450 will do you just fine.

73watermutt
08-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Yea, maybe...we'll have to wait and see. I doubt it, but I don't know anymore. I'm still a big dumbass and an idiot all in one.

You know most people would love to be STUCK with a YFZ. Be happy you have something to ride at all. I know alot of people that would love to have ANY quad. So suck it up and ride!

Toadz400
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 73watermutt
You know most people would love to be STUCK with a YFZ. Be happy you have something to ride at all. I know alot of people that would love to have ANY quad. So suck it up and ride!

Exactly.