PDA

View Full Version : Got Mine. Awesome

JBI500
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
p/u my 450sx 3 weeks ago. raced it twice and won both times. very lite and responsive. feels like a dirt bike on 4 wheels. wil try to attach pics. if you have any doubts about buying one, i'am here to reassure you. pound for pound the best out of the crate race atv around. we are getting another next spring.:eek2:

brink400
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Good to hear. I have been thinking about getting one but im a little apprehensive about switching. I have 2 ltrs right now and both of them have been bulletproof for me so far. Sounds like the KTM is going to be an awesome quad tho.

logangsxr998
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
How does the power feel compared to everything else?

JBI500
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
other quad i had was a yfz w/a 523 kit. this ktm is a high reving motor. it gets an awesome holeshot and once you get rolling, it pulls. my yfz had too much stroke and was tough to motox. this has a better power/weight balance. no dissapointments. easy to whip and correct in the air. you will need the steering dampner.being so lite and the steering so rsponsive i found that after 4-5 laps of alot of rough riding,arm pump was an issue. the bracket is built into the front suspension (ohlins) not cheap around $680. but really the only thing you will have to buy besides your numbers.....

TNT
09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
I have heard poor corner handling rumors, true of false? Did you replace the exhaust tip with the spark arrester? So you got as much HP and torque as your YFZ but better response? What gas are you running? Did you try and change the CDI curves yet? Thx.

JBI500
09-26-2008, 07:46 AM
I TOOK THE SPARK ARRESTOR OUT. AS FAR AS CORNERING, IF YOU GET YOUR RIDE HEIGHT SET AND COMPRESSION SET ,YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM. WE HAVE A PRACTICE TRACK AND HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME FINE TUNING. CORNERING SEEMS TO BE AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER. WE ARE RUNNING SUNOCO 260 GTX. ITS A 98 OCTANE W/NO OXY/ETHANOL. GOOD RESULTS SO FAR. DID NOTHING W/CDI CURVE AS ALL WE WANT IS PERFORMANCE. - IF YOU DO GET ONE DO CHECK YOUR CARB BOOT, WE HAD AN ISSUE THE 1ST DAY W/THROTTLE HANGING UP. SEEMS THAT AT THE FACTORY ASSMBLY THAY WERE FORCING CARBS ON AND SPLITTING BOOT ,PCS WERE HANGING INTO THE CARB.

TNT
09-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Cool your getting good power without a HC piston and race gas. Reliability will be better.

What do you think of the shocks are they as good as Elka's, Fox, Axis, PEP's? Or are you going to replace them?

Would you say stock it could compete in the nats A or higher without any mod's?

Thx.

JBI500
09-26-2008, 09:21 AM
as far as the shocks,time will tell. right now they are as good or better then most. racing wise, power is in the 50+hp category. and weight of machine very impressive. so yea,. we are gonna run it in the production classes for now ,its more of an apples/apples deal. i do not see any other quad being able to compete in a straight out-of-the box race. this is by far the best atv on the market

TNT
09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JBI500
as far as the shocks,time will tell. right now they are as good or better then most. racing wise, power is in the 50+hp category. and weight of machine very impressive. so yea,. we are gonna run it in the production classes for now ,its more of an apples/apples deal. i do not see any other quad being able to compete in a straight out-of-the box race. this is by far the best atv on the market

Thanks for answering my questions. Have fun on your new quad.