PDA

View Full Version : yamaha of troy

BossHogg420
09-24-2008, 12:04 PM
have any of yall had problems with yamaha of troy with being on time with delivery. ordered some nerfs last week supposed to be at my house today...they told me their not even at their place yet and i need them sunday for a race. i understand with the hurricanes the logistics has been all screwed up with everybody but damn i need these nerfs. let me know if ya'll have had problems with them!

coryatver
09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
There have been LOTS of threads about problems with them. do a search.

sc400ex_rider
09-24-2008, 01:39 PM
its really murphy's law if you need something it will be late. if you dont it will be right on time. i dont know how many times i ordered parts (brake pads ect) and they sat on the bench for weeks. but service honda left me torn down for 2 weeks when they lost my gasket order. then i finally called and they didnt know sqwat about it. then they wouldnt even upgrade my shipping to 2 day. :rolleyes: :ermm:

bjg696
09-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Yea i ordered some plastics and stuff from them and it took 3 weeks to get here. And the pars werent even right, then it took over 2 more months before they got it right and chrged me everytime. So i wouldnt fool with them for nothing. I would find it somewhere else.

hornetgod13
09-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I had a bad experience with Yamaha of Troy and will never deal with them again! :mad:

racerdan24
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
These guys are extremmmmmeeellly slow on shipping. bought a set of tires and rims from them that my local dealer couldnt match and ended up waiting almost 2 weeks for my delivery. Shipping if it was in stock ( Which i think they never have anything in stock) should have been at most via UPS ground....2 days.....13 days later they arrived. Thank god i didnt need them right away, but at least they were correct and fit my 400Ex.....So buyer beware! If you need something quick.....spend the money and go through Motorsport.com or Dennis Kirk.:mad:

lilyamaharacer4
09-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by racerdan24
These guys are extremmmmmeeellly slow on shipping. bought a set of tires and rims from them that my local dealer couldnt match and ended up waiting almost 2 weeks for my delivery. Shipping if it was in stock ( Which i think they never have anything in stock) should have been at most via UPS ground....2 days.....13 days later they arrived. Thank god i didnt need them right away, but at least they were correct and fit my 400Ex.....So buyer beware! If you need something quick.....spend the money and go through Motorsport.com or Dennis Kirk.:mad:

Why would you spend the money, motosport has the fastest shipping ever for free shipping, not to mention theyll match any price same as denniskirk. So why would you be spending the money?

racerdan24
09-24-2008, 08:05 PM
They were cheaper after shipping on a set of rims and tires. Wasnt in a rush but will NEVER buy from them again. Have always bought stuff from motosport and dennis kirk and the shipping and customer service was the best.
I learned a lesson on this one.....Cheaper is not always better.

leasureryan
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
the reason they are so damn slow is that they don't even have any of the stuff they are selling in stock. When you place an order, they immediately place an order as well When it comes in, they just relable it to be shiped to your house. This saves them money on packging, as well as keeps thier inventory low(allowing to sell more things than just what they have on hand)...and they never get stuck with old stock

racerdan24
09-24-2008, 08:57 PM
That is what i thought when it got to be almost 2 weeks

400ex07
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
I had a problem with ATVgalaxy being slow with shipping and then once I got what i ordered it was wrong.

Purcell450r
09-26-2008, 04:34 AM
I got a set of wheels and tires from them, got my fronts in. I called and asked what was up and they said someone forgot to add the rears to the order. So i kept calling them back and they refunded my shipping for being so late. They have really good prices not to deal with them, even though they are slow.

blaaze416
09-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by 400ex07
I had a problem with ATVgalaxy being slow with shipping and then once I got what i ordered it was wrong.

NEVER EVER GO TO ATVGALAXY!!!! they suck lemons! never in stock, late delivery, rude customer service. i've seen things on their site i can't find elsewhere when i want it, and will just wait instaed.
Y of Troy, they are just as slow... but better. i live 5 minutes from them, and they have to be THE most disorganized shop in dayton. they have boxes of crap everywhere just sitting out and half opened...piles and piles of loose paper, parts books, dirt mags, people's orders or order sheets. sometimes they don't even use the computer for a reciept, just hand you a hand written one. ?!? i did order a set of tires and rims from them off ebay...and i have to say, the were only a day or two late on getting them in. i opted to pick them, and called them everyday. maybe if i had them shipped to me it would have been worse..?

BossHogg420
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
yea **** them the bars where supposed to be at my house on wed. they didnt get to their shop until yesterday at 6. So i wont get them till monday or tuesday of next week! I needed them for a race on Sunday....the kicker is they wanted an extra 100 buxs for over night!!!! never again!!!!!

justin1022
09-26-2008, 07:17 AM
thats weird!? i baught my hotcam from them it came right on time i actully baught about 4 other things the same day and it was one of the first to come to my mail box. and im in canda so you would expet about 2 weeks with me.

racerdan24
09-26-2008, 07:33 AM
like most of us have found out...if you need sometng quick then dont go through them.....I f you can wait, then by all means go through them because the prices they have are really good. Its too bad the majority of us have had bad experiences with them. I normally do not buy anything from someone on ebay with a negative feedback....I dont care if you have 1 strike against you. I went out on a limb and got the same results as i have in the past....

mat1977
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Dont get me even started on my experience with Yamaha of Troy.I was hoping I would never here that name again:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Friggin idiots

racerdan24
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry we brought this up......i had to add my 2 cents a few days ago....maybe if they saw this thread and realized how much business they could be losing they would get a wake up call....

drew416ex
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, Ive ordered lots of things from them and I have always gotten it in 3 or 4 days. No complaints here, or atleast not yet.

racerdan24
09-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Must have been a stocked item

coryatver
09-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by racerdan24
Sorry we brought this up......i had to add my 2 cents a few days ago....maybe if they saw this thread and realized how much business they could be losing they would get a wake up call....

there are threads about them all the time and people still buy stuff of them.

The best thread yet was last christmas they took a month off but forgot to mention that on there online stores so pretty much people were waiting a month for there stuff during the holiday season:eek2:

racerdan24
09-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I know.....I only had 1 bad experience and it will probably be my last.