PDA

View Full Version : Titan trail claws?

canadian400ex
11-11-2001, 09:27 AM
Anybody running these tires? they are the same ones that were on the "RAP DADDY"(remember that raptor that was just done to the gills in Dirt wheels). They look like they would be a good trail/hill climb tire but I haven't heard anyone talk about them.

11-11-2001, 06:13 PM
I have the Trail claw II They are a very nice tires. First thing I have to point out is that these tires NEVER wear out. I have rode my quad in the street many times. At least 20 times, because I have a parts dealer a couple blocks from my house so I usually ride there when i need something repaired or installed. I have also drag raced in the street, and I occaisonally like to smoke the tires. I would say they have 65-75% of the tread left. They slide around turns Great. They dont hookup that well on hard packed dirt. They are a great mud/snow/hill climbing tire. I would highly reccomend them if you dont ride MX alot. I mean they work pretty good on a track but there no Turftamers or Holeshots. If I had to do I again I would get Razrs or Holeshots but that is beacuse I ride alot of Motocross now. But Overall I am very happy with them. Hope I helped.

yamaha1470
11-11-2001, 06:25 PM
i have heard that they are pretty good on trails:square

canadian400ex
11-11-2001, 08:26 PM
Thanks! I do ride mx a little bit but I think i'll have to get a second set of tires(probably tamers) for mx. I do a lot of hill-climbing, trailing and very aggressive pit riding.(pretty big air, power turns, just plain fooling around) Are they a pretty "tuff tire"?

canadian400ex
11-11-2001, 08:28 PM
When I say "tuff tire" I mean will they roll off the rim easily or blow out on hard landings or whatever? They come in 4 ply..Correct?

Guy400
11-11-2001, 08:35 PM
Canadian, I had the Trail Claw's on my '92 LT250R. They were an awesome tire, the had a very good mix of grip when you needed it without being too much (like the stock radials sometimes are on the 400EX and Raptor). I was big into hill climbing with that bike and the tires were never the weak spot.

Chef
11-11-2001, 09:54 PM
do they hook up better than razrs?

Stunz
11-15-2001, 02:15 PM
Are they as light as the 400EX stockers?