PDA

View Full Version : October Quad of the Month poll

TheFontMaster
09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Well here is the link to this month's contestants. I will end the poll on the last day of the month, so get in your votes, and good luck to all the contestants!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365158&perpage=13&pagenumber=1

klutch
09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Overkill??? I didn't help for that one i swear lol.

Pappy
09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
There will be changes to this contest for next year......to many people beg for votes on here and other sites, lending the winner to flawed alot of times IMO. A judging panel would be more fair

rollie
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
i agree, i mean c'mon asking a few buddys is allright but someone has way to many votes, its pretty obvious theres something going on.

klutch
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Check the 400ex section lmao "Lets help our buddy Honda#4, the 400 must win!!!" not that your bike isn't nice Honda#4 don't get me wrong... but come on...

Honda#4
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
I didnt expect a post like that to even start nor did I tell anyone to start it. It wont bother me if you give the qotm to dave400ex to make it all fair. I sincerly appologize for the overkill in votes.

Ruby Soho
09-25-2008, 07:06 PM
dallas didnt cheat, some kid made a thread. woopty do, a thread shouldn't persuade the voter, there still gonna end up voting for whoever they want

Honda#4
09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
i posted my quad just like everyone else did. All I wanted was a equal shot at winning.

klutch
09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
i posted my quad just like everyone else did. All I wanted was a equal shot at winning.

And no one questions that. You have a very nice bike. But I honestly do think that little thread played an influence is some of these kids in the 400 sections lmao. But i also think you have and had a HUGEEE chance of winning with or without it. Good job and great bike man :)

hornetgod13
09-25-2008, 10:20 PM
I had a bad feeling about that thread when I saw it. I knew it was going to draw in some favorable voting but, I had no idea it would be this lopsided.

Honda#4
09-26-2008, 06:44 AM
First off i'm not mad at the person that started it but its makes me alittle frustrated that I never had the same chance at winning instead had a thread pushing the votes my way, I appreciate the thread but thats not how I wanted to win nor should how the game be played.

When I saw that thread I shoulda had the mods delete it right a way cuz I knew something like this would happen.

TheFontMaster
09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
This month's winner is Honda#4 with his 416ex. I'll send you a PM shortly. Congratulations, and thanks to all who entered this month.

Honda#4
10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Thanks to everyone that voted for me, I wish it didnt have to come like this but everyone dont count yourself out cuz you guys had great quads and your all winners.

08mxkfx
10-01-2008, 02:05 PM
wow something seems alittle fishy here. How a 400ex with stock tires won QOTM by alot against nicer bikes IMO. I didnt expect to win but i didnt expect to get blown away by a 400ex.

TRX450RACER174
10-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Thanks to everyone that voted for me, I wish it didnt have to come like this but everyone dont count yourself out cuz you guys had great quads and your all winners.

Thats B.S. you didn't want to win in the post above and new it was rigged and now u r thanking everone that voted for you. I think a mandatory panel of judges needs to be elected to judge the contest every month that would make it fair for everyone not going out and bribing votes.

Sweendogie
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
i think everyone should stop complaining and give me quad of the month :D 2007 yfz all stock with razr 2's

08mxkfx
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
its pretty clear that he cheated and i think the winner should be either dave400ex or walshyfz86. Not sure how you would decide a tie but i dont think Honda#4 deserve to win.

TRX450RACER174
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by 08mxkfx
its pretty clear that he cheated and i think the winner should be either dave400ex or walshyfz86. Not sure how you would decide a tie but i dont think Honda#4 deserve to win.

I agree and it was clear that there was cheating involved but what can you do it's a poll thats why we need a panel of judges so there can be no tricks.

Honda#4
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Like I said previously how did I cheat by putting my quad in, I didnt start the thread so dont blame me.

brian76708
10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
guys quit picking on him he didn't cheat someone put a thread in the 400ex forum to help in out in votes he had nothing to do with it so just leave him alone i know you might not like the results and i agrea the system needs to be changed but what is done is done there is many more QOTM to win

Ruby Soho
10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Thats B.S. you didn't want to win in the post above and new it was rigged and now u r thanking everone that voted for you. I think a mandatory panel of judges needs to be elected to judge the contest every month that would make it fair for everyone not going out and bribing votes.

you didn't even enter what the **** do you care?

whats wrong with him thanking the people that voted for him? thats just a nice thing to do.

he didn't start the thread. get over it. and beyond that, if one thread started by some 13 year old kid persuades all these people to vote for a 400ex then theres something wrong. he had my vote since before the poll, that thread had NOTHING to do with it.

yea it does seem out of the ordinary, and maybe it is, but he didn't bribe people, nor beg for their votes. you prove to me he did, i will then take your side and shut my mouth

TRX450RACER174
10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
you didn't even enter what the **** do you care?

whats wrong with him thanking the people that voted for him? thats just a nice thing to do.

he didn't start the thread. get over it. and beyond that, if one thread started by some 13 year old kid persuades all these people to vote for a 400ex then theres something wrong. he had my vote since before the poll, that thread had NOTHING to do with it.

yea it does seem out of the ordinary, and maybe it is, but he didn't bribe people, nor beg for their votes. you prove to me he did, i will then take your side and shut my mouth

Your right i didn't enter thats not the point, the point is that IMO there were better quality rides but like said whats done is done.
And watch your mouth i ain't no young punk i am pointing out the obvious.

Honda#4
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Just cuz I dont stick 15k into my quad or do a whole build up or race doesnt mean you have the right to say my quad is low quality I worked my arse off to get this thing to the point at where I wanted it and I still have a ways to go yet.

Do I go around saying theres better quads than yours NO! cuz I respect what you and everyone else does to there quads, theres no reason to cut down peoples hard work and detication to such a nice sport like this.

08mxkfx
10-01-2008, 10:11 PM
this isnt a competition about who worked there arse off the most to get parts for their quads its a competition for who has the nicest quad and i can you your quad isnt better then the rest by 60%. Im not saying its your fault that the post was made but i think its cheating anyways. I think the best thing to do would be to reset the poll and give it another week. and for next year judges would be a great idea.

Honda#4
10-02-2008, 07:00 AM
I had talked to the fontmaster and according to him I didnt break no rules.

If it makes you feel any better i'll mail you my prize. Aparently this month will always be ruled by a 450.

You'll get your shot at winning so dont worry.

cmaxx
10-02-2008, 07:41 AM
honda#4 i voted for ya and i never saw that thread.but IMO your bike was the best this month.i like the ones that look like you can still ride'em with out breaking $20,000 parts by just riding.my bikes are like yours i dont race or build'em up to much.just when i get the money.

SO ALL YOU GUYS BACK OFF HONDA#4 HIS BIKE IS JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS OR BETTER!!!!!!

brian76708
10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 08mxkfx
this isnt a competition about who worked there arse off the most to get parts for their quads its a competition for who has the nicest quad and i can you your quad isnt better then the rest by 60%. Im not saying its your fault that the post was made but i think its cheating anyways. I think the best thing to do would be to reset the poll and give it another week. and for next year judges would be a great idea.

Well apparently his looked better then yours because he won not you id rather see someone with less money into their quad win so then they could actually use the %50 off pro armor

and technically he did not cheat have you read the rules

"Also if a post on another site soliciciting votes about a member entered in the ATVriders.com Quad of the Month is brought to my atetntion, it will be at my descrepency on what is done. "

He was not soliciting the votes and even if he was it is up to the discretion of the mod and he still choose Honda#4 as the winner so there for You dont have S*#&T to say.

Ruby Soho
10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Your right i didn't enter thats not the point, the point is that IMO there were better quality rides but like said whats done is done.
And watch your mouth i ain't no young punk i am pointing out the obvious.

yes, in YOUR OPINION, there were better rides, so you obviously voted for someone else, and other people felt honda#4 had a better one. if i didn't like his ex or i wasnt friends with him, than i wouldn't have voted for him regardless of the thread.

and i apologize for snapping. but it is what it is, i know for a fact that he didn't go around begging people for votes, or cheat in anyway.

Scro
10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
There will be changes to this contest for next year......to many people beg for votes on here and other sites, lending the winner to flawed alot of times IMO. A judging panel would be more fair

I agree. Maybe 40-50 older members, not second cousins that create an account just to vote. I'm not saying it happens on a regular basis or in this instance, but I'm sure it's happened in the past.

And also include a discussion thread for everyone else to throw their $.02 in. Sort of like a persuasion thread for the actual voters to read and base their decision. Electoral College, if you will.:p

brian76708
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I had a bad feeling about that thread when I saw it. I knew it was going to draw in some favorable voting but, I had no idea it would be this lopsided.

not to get me rong but wasnt there a thread opened in the 400ex forum to help you out when you where going for QOTM

TheFontMaster
10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Alright everyone, stop accusing honda#4 of cheating. I made the call to keep him in the contest, and declair him the winner this month. My reasoning for that was because he himself did not apear to have anything to do with the thread made in the 400ex section. I can not punish him for something that he didn't do.

Also the way the voting is setup will be changed by the end of the year. It will be a small group of members that is different every month. I won't have anything to do with the voting, and most likely niether will any of the other mods. I'm going to open up a thread so that everyone can voice thier sugestions.

hornetgod13
10-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by brian76708
not to get me rong but wasnt there a thread opened in the 400ex forum to help you out when you where going for QOTM

March was a 400cc month and a thread was created to rally support for in the 400EX forum. No one specific quad was singled out. This instance is entirely different. Unfortunately, Honda#4 is getting blamed for someone elses actions that directly impacted the voting. I'm certain we can all come up with some ideas that will prevent this from happening again.

<DRS>GPF
10-03-2008, 12:09 PM
IMO it was refreshing to see a non-sponsored quad win.. kind of rare really..

though i love to see the "worked" quads, what good does a discount do them when much of their quad is pre-paid already.

maybe im reading it wrong, but it seems like like giving a gas card to a gas station owner.

brian76708
10-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
March was a 400cc month and a thread was created to rally support for in the 400EX forum. No one specific quad was singled out. This instance is entirely different. Unfortunately, Honda#4 is getting blamed for someone elses actions that directly impacted the voting. I'm certain we can all come up with some ideas that will prevent this from happening again.

ok i wasnt trying to start anything i just thought i remember seeing one